Is Loma the most overrated boxer of this generation?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ellerbe, Jul 13, 2018.

Do you agree with this thread?

1. Yes. I'm reasonable and unbiased.

18.7%
  2. No I'm a Loma fan! How dare you criticize him.

30.7%
  3. **** off Ellerbe

50.7%
  1. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Lomachenko is the greatest man to ever ****ing live!

ellerbe likes this.
  2. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012

There's not a single real fan that knows much of anything expected ggg or anyone to do either Jacobs or canelo with ease.
    And how had canelo become some small man compared to ggg who's the same weight as canelo but taller, much smaller than Jacobs..

One of The hardest things in boxing is looking great vs fighters that's there to survive all 12 like Jacobs and with canelo who is a truly elite fighter that ggg beat clearly, thatst a great win.

I rate canelo so ggg beating him was huge since I expected a canelo win. Loma doesn't have anything remotely close to either Jacobs or especially the canelo win that ggg has.. nothing even close, and ggg has never come close to the struggles loma has already has in what 12 fights, a loss to a journeyman and a war with another title holder.

When had ggg ever struggled like that, never mind the fact ggg has a dozen wind better than both of those terrible loma performances

kriszhao and IKSAB like this.
  3. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Fmj, who's done everything, beat every elite fighter throughout his multiple decade career more over rated than a fighter who's lost to a fighter that couldn't break the top 25 opponents on fmj CV and another that would be a total mismatch.

Yup, makes much sense to trolls and only the trolls

4. andrewa1

andrewa1 Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Apr 8, 2013
    What bothers me is that you draw the "modernity" line for Rocky and not Ali. Rocky's prime was about 15 years removed from Ali's, and his size/style combo has declined no worse than Ali's. I.E., 5'10 185 for a power based swarmer shrimp is about 4 inches and 40 pounds off his closest modern analog (Povetkin), while Ali's 6'3 215 for a movement based size bully is about 5 inches and 40 pounds removed from his closest modern analog (T Fury). There's not a good rational argument that either one would be a champion in current HW division, but at least be consistent and don't draw arbitrary distinctions.

All that said, I don't disagree with most of your points in this thread (at least from the first two pages) and was amused by your poll choices. Hope all is well Ellerbe.

Caper likes this.
  5. kriszhao

kriszhao Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Didn't know I was a huge Loma fan ;) But cool, Cool. I don't rate him as one of the greatest fighters of all time I do rate him at #1 P4P currently though.

Question for you @ellerbe isn't Crawford #1 on your P4P list?

if so considering it took him 10 years compared to 5 and 3x the number of fights to match what Loma has done?
    Loma has better names on his Resume, has tied the all-time record in #of fights needed to win a major title has won a major title in 3 weight divisions within his first 12 fights.

Loma also has the higher KO% for those who care about that.

So which of them is truly overrated?

Liquorice, bandeedo and Rock0052 like this.
  6. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    I'll be honest, I expected GGG to completely steamroll Jacobs, for some reason just never rated the dude. Was expecting Canelo to be a really tough fight though, Canelo is quality.

7. kriszhao

Feb 8, 2008
  8. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    Sorry, I had to argue with literally 50 Loma stans. So you're going have to remind me of what you said. I'm only one man.

kriszhao likes this.
  9. kriszhao

Feb 8, 2008

Didn't know I was a huge Loma fan ;) But cool, Cool. I don't rate him as one of the greatest fighters of all time I do rate him at #1 P4P currently though.

Question for you @ellerbe isn't Crawford #1 on your P4P list?

if so considering it took him 10 years compared to 5 and 3x the number of fights to match what Loma has done?
    Loma has better names on his Resume, has tied the all-time record in #of fights needed to win a major title has won a major title in 3 weight divisions within his first 12 fights.

Loma also has the higher KO% for those who care about that.

So which of them is truly overrated?

10. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    Time doesn't get extra credit from me. Just quality of opponent.

11. kriszhao

Feb 8, 2008
    So why is Crawford #1 for you then his quality of opponents is **** poor?

12. ellerbe

Jul 25, 2014
    **** poor? GTFO moron.

13. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    longevity is very much a criteria for greatness.

kriszhao likes this.
  14. kriszhao

Feb 8, 2008
    I'll bite what are his best wins how about you list and rate them as well... unless you are scared of the result.

15. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    what people don't realise is if you **** on Loma's resume, you are also shitting on most of the P4P top 10 lists' because his resume is better than most on it in less fights.

kriszhao and greenhornet like this.