Is Lomachenko’s Ascension to GOAT the Fastest in History???

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Gil Gonzalez, May 17, 2018.

1. BigRobNC

BigRobNC Member Full Member

Jun 21, 2014
    All BS aside, that's a pipe dream. Spence, Thurman and Crawford would beat the living hell out of him. Anyone that can't see that knows zero about boxing. He has zero chance against any of them. He was not able to hold up against an aging pressure fighter like Salido. Porter would run him out of the ring.

OvidsExile likes this.
  2. Jackstraw

Jackstraw Mercy for me, justice for thee! Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Awww lighten up, big knob. I was thinking more so of SRR’s welterweight fights in which there’s not much footage. I was thinking 147 because of the mention of Leonard. Nobody, myself included, disputes that Robinson is top 5, if not, #1 ATG. And the video you posted proves my point in that what video does exist is grainy and black and white.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  3. Tomato(e) Can

Tomato(e) Can Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao. banned Full Member

Feb 19, 2018
    He's Pac-sized. With better skills.

He can do it!

DoubleJab666 likes this.
  4. BigRobNC

Jun 21, 2014
    Don't give me that BS. You said something really stupid and I called you on it. Ali and Liston is black and white and it's the same quality as a lot of Robinson's body of work. So, are you saying that we can't judge Ali in his prime because it was grainy or black and white? This is an incredibly dumb thing to say. You don't need to see a fight in color to witness speed, skill and toughness. I guess Marciano can't be judged either because he fought in Robinson's era.

This is Robinson-Fusari all the way back in 1950. It looks better than Ali vs Liston. There are full fights in this quality. I'm extremely sorry that you're so stupid. :duh

This content is protected

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  5. BigRobNC

Jun 21, 2014
    He has far less speed and power than Pac, or are you dickriders pretending that these things don't matter.

OvidsExile likes this.
  6. Tomato(e) Can

Feb 19, 2018
    He's much faster than Pac. Even a prime Pac.

7. BigRobNC

Jun 21, 2014
    Not even close. You really should cough this little dude's balls out of your throat before you choke. :nonono

I'll be back to check on you next year. I'm sure you'll have 50k post by then. Still no income, and no lady. Enjoy, Sweetie! :)

8. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Wtf Linares doesn't have 1/10th the power of speed of Khan and Khan would murder Linares very quickly

9. Tomato(e) Can

Feb 19, 2018
    Triggered.

:lol:

10. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    The skill Level here is in the very low side. How old was srr here ? Looks shot

11. Jackstraw

Jackstraw Mercy for me, justice for thee! Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Lighten up, Francis. You’re right and I’m wrong. Feel better? Happy now? You done won yourself the Internet, son.
    But seriously, I’ll walk us through this and maybe we’ll find that we’re not too far apart after all.
    Mark Ant made a post that made me think he had confused SRL with SRR (I think you’re the one that brought up SRR first). I pointed this out and, as a throwaway comment, said that with some of the old time ATGs it can be hard to tell due to a lack of footage or poor footage. And by poor I’m comparing to today’s quality video tech. In my head, but not typing it all out, I was thinking Dempsey film, guys like Mickey Walker, Harry Greb, Sam Langford, Charley Burley and yes, even SRR. Yes, there’s plenty of middleweight footage of Ray, but supposedly his best work was done at 147 and there’s really no footage of that- or not much. Again, the 147 connection is because someone mentioned SRL. SRR is something of a bridge between the old timers and the more modern guys. Those old timer ATGs have become mythic with their lives passed down by oral tradition and newspaper clips. SRR fits this category because we lack his 147 fights on film.
    By saying that we can’t judge Ali or Marciano is you trying too hard to prove a point I never intended.
    And you’re being very disingenuous by saying you’re extremely sorry I’m this stupid. You’re neither sorry nor am I stupid. However, if you really are this wound up over my throwaway, half thought out post on this thread I’d suggest logging off the net- it only gets worse. If you think I’m stupid just wait until you read Dealt With, IsaL and Shadow111’s posts. You’ll be likely to just stroke out where you sit:eek:

12. WalcottsBentFace

WalcottsBentFace Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2018
    Enjoy Lomachenko’s ascension into super stardom. I’m sure you will. Lol

13. WalcottsBentFace

WalcottsBentFace Member banned Full Member

May 12, 2018
    Linares has 5 times the chin of Khan and is a smarter fighter.

14. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    It isn't. You shouldn't feel that me pointing out fair facts is a negative, but making that an accomplishment as you have can also suggest that he has been fighting the best opponents at each weight class, and he usually hasn't.

15. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    It's debatable because everyone has a different idea of what pound for pound is. If we are talking pound for pound talent, and skill, I have Loma #1. If we are talking about pound for pound who would win if everybody was the same weight class, I don't have Loma #1, he would lose to several guys. Now if Crawford stinks it up against Horn, I can agree with Loma seperating himself a bit. Linares is a much better quality of fighter, than Horn is.

OvidsExile likes this.