Is Mayweather jealous of Canelo?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Moonlight, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Yes he is jealous

40 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Nope

35 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. Moonlight

Moonlight Walking in the moonlight... lonely.. as always.. Full Member

Nov 12, 2021
    The student became the master.

2. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Im sure hes a bit jealous. He always has been of fellow fighters getting big shine. But he also knows that schooling gets better and better and he will always be 1-0 against Canelo.

3. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    I think he was just (rightfully) annoyed that people were putting them in the same breath with such frequency, beating a horse long past dead. It would have seemed like harmless trolling in the vacuum of the odd internet forum post, except it was brought to absurd levels with supposedly respectable mainstream journalists covering the "record chase" as though Moonsuree belonged in a conversation with Mayweather and wasn't less than a hundredth the fighter he was.

It'd be like if Bert Sugar asked George Foreman, deadpan, "so this Ali Raymi kid in Yemen, has scored an unprecedented number of KO1s ...you were known as something of a powerful guy yourself. Basically two peas in a pod, ain't ya?"

Nonito Smoak likes this.
  4. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    Half the forum be like... "Ah, can always count on Bert to ask the good questions!"

5. Manfred

Manfred Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 22, 2011
    Canelo is not a master boxer.

6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    He's definitely jealous of The Jakeover aka Jake ''Money'' Paul, Wasserman Boxing, and Triller Boxing.

7. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    I always find it interesting how a person can be worth hundreds of millions of dollars, yet still feel as deeply insecure as Floyd does. Maybe part of it is because as far as boxing goes, he's no longer the centre of attention; he retired, yet the world continued to turn and the sport found new stars. That sort of thing devours Floyd alive, as evidenced by the snide remarks he makes about Canelo when he does interviews.

Maidanas Gun Tattoo likes this.
  8. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Floyds ego has been bothered by Canelos success.

9. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    History will not be kind to floyd's boxing legacy. If you actually know boxing and break down his career, its mostly smoke and mirrors with a few good wins in there, which of course he took at the perfect time. Go look on any of his youtube videos, look at what people are already saying. Nobody is buying this TBE crap.

10. Boxed Ears

Boxed Ears this my daddy's account (RIP daddy) Full Member

Jul 28, 2009
    It is only just after the pandemic that Floyd has ceased to be the biggest name in boxing. That is how long it take for his own fame to begin to dissipate beyond active superstar legend fighters. Canelo may be handsome man, but he is nothing on Floyd controversy and familiars.

11. Blandman

Blandman Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Canelo takes all the fights Mayweather never would, much more fearless, which definitely effects his growth as a fighter. He seems to be challenging himself consistently, something I didn’t see from Mayweather, who made it pretty clear the smallest risk for the most money was his goal.

That said, Mayweather was well more advanced early on, probably could have taken his skills to an arguable if not clear GOAT level but, didn’t risk it, not as Canelo does.

Plus, he’s infinitely competitive as any champion is. I would be shocked if he wasn’t jealous.

12. G Man

G Man Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Floyd most likely feels a bit forgotten about with all the hype around Canelo so feels the need to remind everyone that he beat him. Not jealousy as such just a bit of ego.

Pimp C and Aussie Invader like this.
  13. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    you mean like canelo?

Pimp C and G Man like this.
  14. Blandman

Blandman Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2019
    Correct. Canelo wasn’t ready for Mayweather or he wouldn’t have taken the fight.

15. Aussie Invader

Aussie Invader Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Jan 5, 2017
    so if floyd was happy to fight canelo, which are these fights that canelo takes that floyd never would?