Is my sticky thread helping? Honestly.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by achillesthegreat, Sep 23, 2007.

1. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    I see almost 1000 views. Guys like rooq and elle are helping out. Is it helping though? Is it providing the ultimate source for all boxing on british tv?

Also, shall I include when guys are fighting for **** like the WBU? or just major titles and titles that matter?

2. GABBY

GABBY Active Member Full Member

Apr 20, 2007
    yes . I always look .

3. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    definitely worth it just as a reminder.

4. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    yes good idea mate. Don't miss the new contender series guys its pretty good!

5. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    only saw it now

Hey is the Contender starting tonight, like, is it the first episode shown in the UK??

6. Jack Dempsey

Jack Dempsey Legend Full Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Its a great help, saves trawling the TV guide, I didn't know the Fight was on til saw the thread

In fact I've subscribed to Setanta based on what fights they have coming up

7. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    I'm glad this has been brought up because although I think its a great idea in principle I have noticed that regardless of the sticky being here a number of threads are started by other posters asking when such and such is on .........

I've responded to threads started specifically about when fights are on and at least two asking about The Contender series eventhough i've already provided this info for the TV sticky - so you just find yourself repeating it again which kind of defeats the object.

8. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

Yes, the first episodes are aired sunday night - enjoy!

9. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    This is part of the reason I am asking. People asked when Khans program is on, when is the contender on etc

It is all in the thread. I even changed the name of the thread so its clear for all to see what it is about.

10. ThePlugInBabies

ThePlugInBabies ♪ ♫ Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    it's a fantastic thread, i check it out daily. setanta have some top notch fights coming up so i'll have to be subscribing to catch them.