Is Oscar Beats Hatton!!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by The Man 247, Jun 25, 2007.

1. The Man 247

The Man 247 Member Full Member

May 19, 2006
    As many of you know im an Oscar fan. But i would say one thing, even if i wasn't i would be confident he would beat Hatton due to his size, speed and all round boxing class. Hatton is great to but i see this as Oscars.

So if Oscar beats Hatton. Whats that for him. Just a hall of famer. A legend? Possibly one of the greatest?

Please give me your opinions i will read all.

2. smokey

smokey Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I think De La Hoya beating Hatton wouldn't do anything for him other than showcasing him punishing a fighter that would be obviously far too small of an opponent for him. Hatton isn't as rangy as Mayweather and Mosley. I didn't give Oscar any credit for beating Gatti for the same reasons.

3. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    If they make this fight I will never forgive either one of them, what a ****ing waste of a fight.

4. The Man 247

The Man 247 Member Full Member

May 19, 2006
    They will make it. oscars smart and worth a lot, Hatton is not going to knock back what Oscar will offer him.

5. joito3

joito3 Active Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2006
    DLH proves nothing man COllazo already whooped hatton at 147 who the hell cares about dlh-hatton....

lets see dlh-cotto !

6. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    You've got a very ****ed up definition of "whooped" then, you can argue he outpointed Hatton, which he didn't, but there was no "whooping" involved.

7. gilad

gilad Active Member Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    I think Hatton beats today's version of Oscar if the fight is made at 147.
    Oscar is past his prime, and Hatton will set such a fast pace that Oscar will be very tired late in the fight, after draining himself to 147. Oscar can be hurt to the body by Hatton, he has nothing to gain here and a lot to lose in fighting the smaller guy.
    Don't compare Oscar to Collazo, Collazo is a young fighter in his prime.
    He is naturally bigger than Oscar / Hatton and also a slick southpaw, therefore he has a nightmare style for Hatton.

8. IronBull

IronBull Active Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2005
    nothing is impossible.

9. planetzion

planetzion Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 28, 2004
    Hatton Osca is a fight i would have scofffed at b4 but now i can see at least from a promo business perspective it makes a lot of sense Rcky is ****ing huuuge over in europe and osca is well....osca world famous this fight would surpass PBF Osca easily maybe not do 2million buys in the states may be 1.5 but on a world scale it would be temendous.

10. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    oscar can still make 147, floyd sr said oscar was stuffing himself to stay at 154.

11. Leif Erikson

Leif Erikson Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 3, 2004
    I think DLH would love to have Hatton on his Golden Boy roster, and as a result I think he'd slim down to a mutually acceptable weight (too far for a man of his age) and crumple under a bodyshot in the latter rounds.

12. cuzzinelias

cuzzinelias New Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2007
    Oscar beating Hatton would be as meaningful as when he beat Gatti. That's to say, notvery****ingmeaningful.

13. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    I think most people that are familiar with both fighters would expect Oscar to KO Hatton fairly early. So the win would be just another name opponent to add to his resume.