Is Ryan Garcia for real?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    The guy talks a lot but looked very suspect against Cool Hand Luke Campbell. He calls out Tank and Pacquiao but does not make the fights as I predicted. My view is that he is not of that life and essentially is the Instagram champion. My view is that though talented he is not for real and will favour Teofimo Lopez, Tank, Haney and Loma to stop him. Am I right or wrong?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Toney F*** U likes this.
  2. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    The punk celebrated the win against Cool Hand Luke Campbell like he had won the undisputed championship.

It was funny to watch. Even funnier than Sergio Mora drooling over "pretty boy", as he kept calling him.

3. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Haney only has 15 KO`s in 25 fights, Garcia has 18 KO`s in 21 fights, Haney hasn`t KO`d anybody even near Campbell`s level, Loma has 10 KO`s in 14 wins, Tank and Lopez have more power than Loma and Haney.

4. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I was very suspect of him before the Campbell fight

But after that victory I have to give credit where it's due to the young man because Campbell is a very good fighter and the body shot to end the fight was top class.

Put Haney in with Campbell and see what happens

5. Likethembigroundchunky

Likethembigroundchunky Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Its all about the show.

I definitely rank garcia as the lowest of the four queens as a boxer but his persona is by far the best. Tank is a wally, haney has no media personality (like crawford) and teo is the best mix.

richdanahuff and HellSpawn86 like this.
  6. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I can't stand the little sniffer...hopefully he does fight one of the lads he's chopsin off about and gets his ass kicked.... unfortunately I think he is a talented lad and the longer it takes for these fights to get made harder it will be to beat him...soon as he learns to move his head n tuck his chin

7. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    I see him as a small Wilder but he's got plenty of time to learn his craft. I wouldn't make any of the other wannabes a clear favourite against him except maybe Teo and all match ups between them are close to 50/50.

Problem is that from a fan's perspective, If a fighter goes out to put on a show, abandoning fundamentals and entertaining the crowd, they're a fraud.

If they fight cautious with solid fundamentals, they're boring until they meet someone that is skilled enough to take them out of their comfort zone.

This guy is entertaining and getting by on power and his physical advantages right now, just enjoy it and let's see how good he gets

AlwaysFirst likes this.
  8. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    power dont mean **** if you cant hit somebody

Olu G. Rotimi likes this.
  9. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    You have not really answered my question.

10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    That made me laugh the 4 Queens.

11. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I agree.

elmaldito and C.J. like this.
  12. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Ryan García is still a boy even though he's married and has a kid. He hasn't developed his man strength yet. But right now, he's got great speed, which I think leads people to believe he's a harder puncher than he actually is. That's not to say he doesn't have power, but it's the speed mostly. García can legit become a big banger as he continues to develop.

Haney is a 50/50 fight. Haney has done the least out of the four. García might be able to effectively pressure and catch him.

Tank is also a 50/50 fight. Tank was getting lit up and was possibly even losing to blown up Leo. He can sleep García, but García can also sleep him.

Teo should rightfully be favored, but Lomachenko was hurting him. García can take him out.

sasto, Hanz Cholo and Wizbit1013 like this.
  13. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    García is flawed but has legit power through his lightning speed.
    He is still yet to grow into his man frame as well as yet to mature his boxing IQ.

I’d favor any of the top light weights over him at the moment ...
    but the above attributes mentioned make him a live dawg / pup in any fight.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
    Serge likes this.
  14. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Well he not only beat Campbell he stopped him

And he sparked Fonseca out cold in spectacular HL reel fashion with a single deadly left hook in under a round

KOs don't get anymore emphatic than this

This content is protected

It took Twink 7 rounds to get Fonseca out of there and even then he could only finish him with an illegal blow which the corrupt ref decided not to call.

I think the more apt question is

Is Haney for real because he literally hasn't fought anyone with a pulse

15. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    When he beat Campbell, his CV became better than all the other 3

Esp Haney, how many fights and still hasn't taken on an opponent as good as Campbell

Serge and Hanz Cholo like this.