Is Ryan Garcia for real?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    My opinion of Oscar is not the highest.

2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    What fight?

3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I don't think Gambia is chinny. It might not be Brit Level, Mexico Level, Ghana Level or Japan Level, and there's no shame in that, but I wouldn't describe it as chinny. Gamboa, however, has been dropped by

Aldailton De Jesus
    Darling Giminez
    Marcos Ramirez
    Orlando Salido
    Terence Crawford
    Rene Alvarado
    Robinson Castellanos
    Jason Sosa
    Twink Davis

And is chinny

Jackman65 likes this.
  4. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    I come from the school of thought that teaches that fighters of relatively equal talent and size can beat each other on any given night and even lesser talented ones can raise their game on any given night and pose enough of a stylistic problem to get them over the finishing line sometimes too.

Garcia has proven himself so for the Haney hypers to act like Garcia is the one who is unproven when their boy literally hasn't fought anyone with a pulse, couldn't even wobble a shot to smithereens 39 y/o Cuban leprechaun in his only 'step up' fight, and that a fight between them is some foregone conclusion in favour of the completely unproven fighter who can't punch holes in wet cardboard when Garcia hits like a truck and has blazing fast hand speed is comical. When you hit as hard and as fast as Garcia it's a problem and I have no doubt he possesses the speed and power to KO both Twink and Teo if he catches them right as they do to him too.

Jackman65 and Stiff Jab like this.
  5. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Ryan Garcia knocked out an Olympic gold medalist and top title contender in Luke Campbell, but I'm supposed to believe he's sweating Haney, a man he went 50/50 with in the amateurs and can't crack an egg.

...okay...

Jackman65, Serge and mark ant like this.
  6. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Dominate? Tank is highly skilled and has the power to stop anyone, Garcia is not an elite fighter yet and maty never become one, Tank is extremely dangerous for anyone.

Olu G. Rotimi likes this.
  7. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Tank and Lopez have the power and hand speed to stop Garcia too.

8. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    If he is man enough to make those fights remember I have called it that they stop him brutally.

9. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Tank vs Garcia.

10. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    Personally, no. Not at all.

As a boxer, he was an all-timer.

Jackman65 and Wizbit1013 like this.
  11. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I think he was very good maybe even great but for me not quite an all time great.

Dubblechin likes this.
  12. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    One thing I must add is that while I think Cool Hand Luke Campbell is a good boxer he is how can I accurately describe it , he has no special effects whereas if there is one thing Loma, Tank, Lopez and Haney have its special effects. Let’s see if the Instagram champion can man up because if thinks Campbell was a tough fight I dread to think what the others will do to him.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  13. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    They should go public and send them a contract

See what happens

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  14. Anima

Anima Kinetic Link Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Dude wants to cash out and retire early

15. Serge

Jul 21, 2009
    Your boy E-Spence doesn't have any ''special effects'' but you still you pick him to beat the much bigger, harder punching, tougher, much more skillful, accomplished and proven Clenelo who has proven his worth in four of five weight classes against bigger and better fighters than E-Spence who has literally only fought two world class natural 147 pounders his own size and struggled badly against both.

Wizbit1013 and Jackman65 like this.