Is Sam Peter a dirty fighter?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by box03, Sep 28, 2007.

1. box03

box03 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2007
    I know alot of people think Sam Peter is a dirty fighter, but whats makes a fighter more dirty than the next. If you look close enough every fighter cheats in some way, Holyfield its Headbutting, Tyson uses his elbows when hooking, Bryd posts with his left and uses open gloves to punch, and Wlad leans on a fighters neck and back during fights. But while Im no ref but I do know if a fighter turns his back during a fight you are allowed to keep punching until your oppenent either turns back around or the ref stops the fight. Were the Rabbit punches Peter hit Wlad with legal or not and if so does that make Peter any more dirty than the fighters I already named?

2. Beebs

Beebs Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 21, 2007
    I'll take "breaking the rules more often" for $800 Alex

But no, I don't think Peter is particuarly dirty, alot of the shots come from people turning their head, thats on them, not Peter, I don't think he is intentionally hitting people on the back of the head that often.

3. box03

Aug 19, 2007
    Thanks for your input, we seem to agree on this one. I really believe Peter wings punches from all directions just looking to land sometimes, He is a pretty vicious fighter in the ring at times.

4. brooklyn1550

brooklyn1550 Roberto Duran Full Member

Mar 4, 2006
    He swings wildly and hits people on the back or side of the head at times. Most of the times, I don't think he's dirty, but he can be. Look at the double-semi rabbit punch in the 1st Toney fight and in the 2nd when he hit Toney on the break. Occasionally, he does rabbit punch intentionally.

5. box03

Aug 19, 2007
    Peter was frustrated when he he hit Toney with the ear muff punches, and he had a point taken away as he should for that.

6. box03

Aug 19, 2007
    True he does throw wild punches at times, the 2 knockdowns against Wlad were perfectly legal because Wlad turned away from his oppenent and suffered the consequence of his actions.

7. Cruiser1

Cruiser1 Champion Emeritus Full Member

Feb 23, 2005
    That's the old vice. Botha did it to Tyson too. Didn't get a point deducted for it either, just a warning.

8. Ambition_Def

Ambition_Def **** the people. Full Member

Feb 4, 2006
    Waldo turned his back on Sam multiple times.

Toney can sometimes only be hit on his ear when he turns into that crouch.

Mystery solved.

9. Ilesey

Ilesey ~ Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    I don't think he is a dirty fghter, especially when you consider the Tysons and Golotas of the world.

10. 4eyes

4eyes Active Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Manny Steward said the only clean punch he ever saw Peter KO someone with was the wild left hook he caught Jeremey Williams with...and that was on a break, the rest of the time he does it by clubbing the back of someones head...I agree=dirty overated fighter

11. Daruf

Daruf Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 7, 2006
    The double rabbit punch he hit Toney with rather says enough doesn't it ?
    Alot of it is his very poor technique but he does aim for the back of the head when he can.

12. Bigcat

Bigcat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 10, 2006
    He can be a little raw and uncut with his approach to boxing , but the bottom line is.. You are indeed in a fight and you sometimes do what it takes to win.. If Sanuel was the only one i would totally agree, but its not an equal playing feild all of the time.. Holyfield is awful..(headbutting) Tyson too ( Elbows that follow the hooks.) Akinwande ( Jabs that miss leavng a forearm smash to the face..) Golota (Low punching) Foreman ( Rabbit punching and hitting on break) Larry Holmes (Hitting on the wasteband .. in clinch *a great old school move that takes your legs away in long hard fights.* Lewis (measuring and rubbing palm of glove in your face whilst winding up heavy shots) Bowe (Hitting on break , hitting while down and shoulder shoving ) Marciano ( punching while down, Elbowing , low punching, Headbutting..)

Do you get my point.............. He has some very decorated co foulants..

He will become a very acomplished champion.. You cant play around in the mud and not get filthy..

13. NBT

NBT Mοderator of Death Full Member

Mar 9, 2006
    I don't know what some people are talking about when they say Wlad turned his head. They either didn't see the fight or have an agenda (clearly the 2nd imo)

For once, let's actually take a look at those two "knockdowns" in the 5th.

1st "knockdown"
    -Wlad went low to avoid a punch, when Peter came in he pushed Wlads head further down with his left forearm. Wlad immediately tried to go up again Peter followed with a blatant rabbit punch. This has nothing to do with his poor technique, this was his intention.
    This content is protected

2nd "knockdown":
    - Peter once again wrestled Wlad down and so Wlad was already on his knee when Peter whacked him with another of his numerous rabbit punches. If that's not as dirty as it gets I don't know what is.
    This content is protected

14. Bigcat

Bigcat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Ok.. this obsessive compulsion everyone has to say Samuel only throws rabbit punches is blinded by fanatical agendas from people who just dont like Samuel for one reason or another..

So no one has a problem with the way Lennox manhandled Mike Grant with the headlock knockout..

I love Lennox btw.. But i am also a fair rational man..

Its boxing not air hockey..

15. RUSKULL

RUSKULL VIP Member banned

Dec 17, 2004
    Nice try but Peter's rabbit punching was also evident during both his fights against Toney as well as others.

Clinching is not illegal, rabbit punching is.