Is Shannon Courtenay the most hated fighter right now?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Noel857, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Shanny scrubs up well in July - make sure you have wrist support that month.

#TeamShanny

2. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Member Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    I see on the BBC site today Terri Harper is talking about changes to weight checks, due to menstrual cycles in the run-up to fights.

Fair enough, nobody would really argue with that; but the article continues to say "Shannon Courtenay lost her title on the scales"... has it been completely forgotten that she also lost the fight by a mile?

Given the treatment Dillian got on Bunce's new mostly-solo BBC podcast this past week, and given how the BBC is basically now the Matchroom mouthpiece, expect Shannon to turn up at some point and explain the turmoil she went through, road to redemption, etc...

Oneirokritis and Wizbit1013 like this.
  3. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Absolutely mate.

Shanny had the worst luck ever that week having been hit with a period on weigh-in day, picked up a bad knee injury bending down to collect her sack of loot on the morning of the fight, stitched right up on fight night having to face an opponent that could actually fight then being absolutely robbed by the Matchroom judges in a fight she clearly won.

Sexual discrimination in play here as she should have been treated the same as Campbell Hatton in his last fight by the Matchroom judges. Shanny thinks it was due to the fact that she was seen as a huge threat in a number of divisions and they did not want her showing that she has better boxing skills than Campbell Hatton.

Redemption starts now, following the end of the next period, so Shanny is coming for them all.

#TeamShanny

TBC-ASAP, Mugen38 and Viper2789 like this.
  4. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Playing the villain worked for Eubank however he a) could largely back it up in the ring and b) he had a very deep pool of talent to fight. Courtenay has neither.

I don’t see how she draws money long term outside of a Bridges/Ball fight.

5. N17

N17 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

She has failed to make weight a number of times now.

She's lost twice inside 10 fights.

She's not liked, she really isn't popular and she's shut down her twitter.

She has a history of racist tweets.

She has taken both defeats badly, in terms of sulking and acting arrogantly.

She was trying to sell AJ Usyk tickets online at 4 or 5x the face value for a "friend".

She can't take any criticism and hides behind the mental health excuse.

Kugan had to turn comments off on her interviews because she's apparently so brittle.

I think Hearn is pretty much done with her now, he has other female fighters who are more popular, more talented and more fan friendly and will create interest.

Courtenay has been beaten twice already, so even the people tuning in to watch her get beat will now not bother, they've seen it twice already, it's starting to get a little boring.

If she loses the rematch I can see her quitting or Hearn just cutting her loose.

Azza43, velagod, Jurgen and 3 others like this.
  6. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Shanny is an ex bar worker who went on to become World Champion is less fights than Tony Dosh PPV.

Tell you mate, mess with Shanny and she turns into Big Joan Fury when she is angry.

Last seen doing press ups on broken glass but one observer claimed she was getting up off the floor after falling with a drink in her hand.

Not accepting any valid criticisms of Shanny and she is on her way back to greatness.

#TeamShanny

Sonny1, N17 and Mitch87 like this.
  7. Viper2789

Viper2789 New Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2018
    These are just minor imperfections!

She can suck a golf ball through a hosepipe though - which is why I'm also on her team.

#Shannyismisunderstood
    #LeaveShannyalone
    #DoyouwantanotherBellew?

N17 and Jurgen like this.
  8. themaster999

themaster999 Active Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Can I join the TeamShanny party ?

Gonna start a fan club for her, starting at £1.99 a month (it will move up to £7.99 quite quickly without warning).

Game changed.

Sonny1 and Jurgen like this.
  9. RT7

RT7 Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Seen yesterday she's following bellews lead & will be gracing our screens on next series of sas who dares wins

10. BigCal94

BigCal94 Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Jesus Christ she’s going to be insufferable on that - “mental elf” on repeat

Still, might help with the weight cut for the rematch!

11. RT7

RT7 Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    I never watched the bellew series, the clips were plenty, This'll be a treat though.

12. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    He was telling the fellas on there that he 'just wants to be left alone' whilst appearing on a celebrity tv show.

13. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Fat Shazza bingo, a shot per mention

"After my defeat"
    "Mental elf"
    "Online bullying"
    "Robbed of me title"

BigCal94 and Jimmy_kingg like this.
  14. RT7

RT7 Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    If you've seen 1 bellew camera appearance you've seen them all. He's obviously not stupid so the total lack of self awareness is a puzzle

15. RT7

RT7 Member Full Member

Apr 21, 2014
    The words "after my defeat" won't leave her mouth. Ever