Is Shannon Courtenay the most hated fighter right now?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Noel857, Oct 9, 2021.

1. The G-Man

The G-Man Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Well tell her to watch Amanda Serrano.

Noel857 likes this.
  2. themaster999

themaster999 Active Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Oh well, case closed then mate. Cheers for that.

3. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran banned Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    I am not getting into an argument with any one on here but would just like to say i thoroughly enjoy most of the womens boxing.Hey but if you don`t thats perfectly fine as well

4. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I think we’ll leave it there mate. I think its a good thing women have the choice to engage in these things should they wish to but it makes more sense you saying you don’t like to see women get physically hurt. My contention is that if they choose to engage in something where they may get hurt of their own free will then that is something I will support regardless.

I think there’s a line a between being controversial and illegal. For example if you’re a pub landlord that doesn’t allow (for an extreme example) Jewish women in your pub, because you don’t like / agree with seeing Jewish women drunk, that’s illegal.

Opting not to drink in a pub (in this example) where Jewish women are known to drink because you don’t like seeing it is completely fine.

Murderers' Row and Noel857 like this.
  5. home and away

home and away New Member banned Full Member

Mar 26, 2022
    Clearly bitter that Courtenay and all these women would pulverise you pal

6. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Fingers crossed.

7. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Yes you are right but there is a key difference we we're talking about what someone can say not what someone can do. If an average person said i dont think Jewish women should be allowed to drink in pubs, it's offensive but not illegal. If a landlord bars jewish women for being jewish it is illegal.

8. Erik

Erik Active Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I'm just waiting for the inevitable to happen when mentally ill men who pretend to be a women come along and starts sparking actual women out left right and centre. In today's insane political climate the likes of Hearn and Sky will have no choice but to promote it, and then instead of being called a sexist for pointing out the obvious, that women's boxing is shite, you will be called transphobic and a bigot who doesn't support equality and inclusivity for not celebrating watching men beat up women as a form of entertainment.

Some of you may laugh now but sooner or later this is actually going to happen.

Shrewd_dude, Heisenberg and navigator like this.
  9. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Because he has names on the shows that can shift the tickets and he can pay the women a pittance instead of having to pay men to fill them. Again, are you obtuse? :lol:

10. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Given that @BoxingAddick believes female fighters are responsible for a significant percentage of ticket sales for televised boxing events, he must believe in a gender pay gap in boxing, bearing in mind that the more vocal and entitled female fighters complain about being paid less than the men and that many media articles championing womens' boxing have noted that female fighters are paid much, much less than their male counterparts.

These poor women, selling all these tickets without fair compensation. Patriarchal oppression is rife in our noble sport, hey, @BoxingAddick?

:risunis: @BoxingAddick the clueless snowflake whose arguments don't add up.

11. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Shanny has got them all talking about women's boxing and her fan club at the end of her last fight has grew from ONE to thousands.

Redemption coming soon

#TeamShanny

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  12. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Jesus, you are so dense light bends around you. Yes but if he could put men on the card who sell more tickets why wouldn't he. its still more revenue unless you are stating there is such a disparity between male and female fighter pay, which with the main companies I.E Matchroom can be easily disproven.

13. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    They should make them 3 minute rounds. You can't be shoving it down the punters throats then give them an inferior product. 2 minute rounds are way too short.

Skyver likes this.
  14. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran banned Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Not convinced on that,better 2 minutes of full on action rather 3 rounds where they take it easy.Purely as a spectacle its fine as it is but i do think it will come in eventually

15. The G-Man

The G-Man Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 24, 2020
    Eh.
    The people who dont like it will complain even more then.

Noel857 likes this.