Is Shannon Courtenay the most hated fighter right now?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Noel857, Oct 9, 2021.

1. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    The fake "acting shocked" when the results got read out had me pissing myself

She knew fine well she got beat

2. ShovelHook

ShovelHook Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Good ole Ty is a guilty pleasure of mine, he's an absolute ***** but he's also hilarious.

3. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I know but i wouldn't be surprised if it invalidates it, as the fight wasn't essentially what was agreed

Jurgen likes this.
  4. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Hopefully Mitchell makes some decent loot for the rematch.

5. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I don't think it will invalidate it. She at the end of the day lost her title to Mitchell (even if she lost it technically on the scales), the rematch causing probably applies to losing the bout anyway, so I don't don't Mitchell would have serious grounds.

Rematch will happen and she'll get a decent split from it.

6. EJC83

EJC83 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    The script is already written, career high payday for Mitchell in the rematch, Courtenay will be instructed to just be busy every round and she'll get a SD. Cue another chapter added to this rubbish story.

7. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Another TWO TIMEEEE Watford world champion. Inspirational stuff.

Jurgen and EJC83 like this.
  8. EJC83

EJC83 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    "A message to all you young women out there, you CAN do it, you've got to be prepared to make sacrifices, I used to smoke 20 a day and work in a pub but I turned my life around, I have triumphed in the face of adversity, I've set my self up for life......"

Just prepare yourselves for it now, not until Courtenay faces a killer and gets dropped and stopped will she go away, plenty of cards to be rigged yet.

Dangerwood84 and aaaaa like this.
  9. Dangerwood84

Dangerwood84 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I lived in Canberra for a while, met a guy who knew him. Dead set **** from all reports.

10. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Gee you deserve a medal for that......

11. ZiggerZagger

ZiggerZagger Active Member Full Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Most rematch clauses are not so specific or black and white, they're normally options for the opponents next x,y,z fights if they win.
    So although the next fight if the champ is beaten WOULD normally be a rematch the promoters like to keep their options open to have some control IF for some reason the rematch doesn't happen.
    In this case if Shannon keeps piling on the pounds and could'nt fight at that weight again or got injured where she could never fight again etc MR can't have Mitchell riding away into the sunset with the belt, they would still have the options on her next x,y,z fights.
    The option they would take 99% of the time would be the rematch though.

12. Koli55

Koli55 Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2021
    In reality rematch clauses aren't literal "rematch clauses". They are contracts between promoters/fighters that one party (Matchroom in this case) can dictate who is the next opponent for the other (Mitchell) if she wins the fight (against Courtenay). Usually the belt or governing bodies has got nothing to do with the contract. I'm sure that even if Courtenay would retire, they would still have Mitchell under contract to fight another Matchroom fighter.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  13. Shempz

Shempz Active Member Full Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Did James DeGale start that group up?

14. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
  15. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Lol. She's an absolute mess.

All she had to do was be humble post fight, apologise for any errors without any sly digs or backhanded compliments and then move on.

Now she's just making herself look like an idiot.