Is Shannon Courtenay the most hated fighter right now?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Noel857, Oct 9, 2021.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Just think of her mental health though.

LeavemealoneKoooogs likes this.
  2. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    She has on Instagram. Obviously complete BS but at least she tried I suppose…

3. EJC83

EJC83 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Apparently she was really struggling mentally before the fight. I don't like to judge but I have my doubts about this. I'm sure she's struggling mentally now because that's what happens to people who don't get their own way all the time, they can't hack it.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  4. Rick Rude

Rick Rude New Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    100% agree.

ryanm8655 and EJC83 like this.
  5. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    She also looked pretty high bodyfat at the fight. No one she was dry at the weight or something, she just doesn't diet hard enough.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  6. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    I've torn strips out of her on this forum for her lack of humility in defeat to Rachel Ball and Jamie Mitchell, but I have to say, I think this is harsh. Courtenay is completely tactless and difficult to like, but she's got every right to be completely down right now.

Not because she didn't get her own way, but because she probably now realises she isn't as good as she's pumped herself up to be. Even Eddie Hearn has publicly said it was a deserved defeat. Losing a belt in such humiliating fashion, then being totally outboxed will be a real hit to the ego, especially one that we all know was artificially built up by Matchroom PR.

There's everything wrong with her discrediting an opponent who has just completely outfought you. But I'm not going to join the crowd celebrating her feeling like ****.

I will rejoin you though if the same unrepentant Shannon returns for the rematch though. Someone in her camp needs to give her lessons in humility, and fast.

Noel857 and Jurgen like this.
  7. EJC83

EJC83 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    It's the medicine she needs and deserves, she's the boxing equivalent of a dodgy builder getting paid big time for laying down a bad driveway. I'm sure she has every right to be down but the way she goes about is just bang out of order, this isn't a knee jerk, there's a long list of reasons why she is very disliked, it's more than just a few fights and press conferences.

8. Unforgiven

Unforgiven Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I have no interest in women's boxing. Can't believe you guys know about all the different fighters.
    I'm shocked that so many British fans on this forum are so engrossed in this sideshow to the point they actually can "hate" one of the contestants. I guess that shows how popular this thing has become, sadly.

Murderers' Row and Jurgen like this.
  9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Similar to men, there are some real talented women boxers out there and some lacking any talent.

The gripe is the same with the men as women - Anthony Joshua won his belts from 2 puddings and Shanny won her belt against the biggest knockers in boxing after only 8 fights.

You must be fishing with a @Mitch87 net if you cannot appreciate the difference between the likes of Katie Taylor or Claressa Shields and Shanny Courtenay or Campbell Hatton type fighters.

Noel857, EJC83 and unfriendlyorchid like this.
  10. grantsorenson

grantsorenson New Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2021
    Damn I wish I had this outlook lol

Unforgiven likes this.
  11. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    #TeamShanny - I have stuck with Shanny and good to see she has 2 fans now.

Hopefully @channy with a cracking username on here will confirm soon that he is in and get her fan club membership tripled in one day.

12. unfriendlyorchid

unfriendlyorchid Probably moaning about Sky Sports Full Member

Jul 20, 2021
    You have made me laugh there @Jurgen, I'm going to have to disappoint you though.

I'll happy join #TeamPrayingShannonLearnsSomeHumility though…?

CutThroatFade and Jurgen like this.
  13. Unforgiven

Unforgiven Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Women's professional boxing is a sideshow. Just another way to market more dross as 'world championship' boxing, and everyone cashes in. I'm not saying they all can't fight. But I can't see the appeal to the point that it's shown on big fight cards alongside the men. It just helps bring the standards down, along with all the other shite we have to endure these days (triller exhibitions, youtubers, Tommy Fury, Campbell meatball Hatton, etc.) :lol:

Murderers' Row and BXNG101 like this.
  14. channy

channy How Much!!! Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Lol

15. Jurgen

Sep 30, 2016
    Team Shanny has seen her fan base chopped in half with one post - there must be at least one other loyal fan on this forum.