Is there a chance lack of interest could kill Fury-Wilder III?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by catchwtboxing, Mar 12, 2020.

Can the fight be killed financially?

1. Yes. They fight for money, and if the money isn't there, they might walk.

34.4%
  2. Nope. We are stuck with this whether we like it or not.

65.6%
  1. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    I'm not against the third fight. It was agreed that the loser would get a rematch whomever it turned out to be. It's only right for that agreement to be honored. I fully expect Fury to bury Wilder, though, of course.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  2. RingKing

RingKing Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 21, 2008
    This pretty much sums it up. End thread and let's move on, ladies.

Serge likes this.
  3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    This will be a hard sell, the first fight Fury clearly won but he was stiffed, the second fight was so one sided in normal circumstances there wouldn't be a rematch.

I just don't see how they sell it, what do they show? The first fight 12th round knockdown again and again and again?

They can't show anything for Wider from the second fight.

Serge likes this.
  4. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Bootleg D is going to be jacked to high heaven on every roid and PED known to science for the rematch, have horse shoes in his gloves, Laurence Cole and three conveniently blind judges will be appointed to work the fight, the ring will be the size of a matchbox and Fury's drug samples will be spiked with a whole concoction of PEDs.

5. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Hopefully, after having beaten the excrement out of Wilder, Fury should now be able to wield some leverage in terms of which officials are assigned. He handled the appointment of three American judges and a Haymon gofer referee with real dignity and class, I thought.

6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I honestly don't think he's that bothered. He knew he had to take it out of the judge's hands in the rematch and I think he'll go into the third fight with the same mindset. I wish he would exert some A side leverage for this one though because I suspect some major skullduggery will be taking place.

Holler and navigator like this.
  7. JDub

JDub Active Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2018
    yeah, take a tune up at least. His confidence will be totally shot by the ring walk if he doesn’t. Fury will destroy him in the build up.

8. Bulldog24

Bulldog24 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 2, 2013
  9. eltirado

eltirado Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 31, 2013
    Deontay Wilder at 1350 psi is capable of Stopping any human at 45% impact

Tyson Fury reach-skills-flinching is the only heavyweight capable of giving Deontay Wilder a hard fight, this Fury fights series should continue until we find out the exact ratio it takes for Wilder to drop him.

Deontay Wilder vs any Heavyweight is a boring KO win, not even fair....1350psi is not deadly, the brain completely shuts off at 600psi, so all these shorter reach boxers are basically thrown into certain 100% destruction. (not entertaining anymore, now that we know Deontay Wilder has an unfair KO power advantage)

10. Spongebob south paw pants

Spongebob south paw pants Active Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2020

Um that's why he lost then, you seem too intelligent to write this wtf come on reality

11. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009
    yes, wilder needs a tuneup and a top 10 fight before getting a rematch. He won 2 rounds in 2 fights.

12. eltirado

Jul 31, 2013
    Fans want to see Deontay Wilder in fights he is supposed to lose, otherwise what is the point of being in an exciting fight! Due to Deontay Wilder style, his only challenge is Tyson Fury, the rest of the Heavyweights will look their best until they get caught (due to reach dis-advantage). Tyson Fury is always going to be the favorite vs any Heavyweight, Deontay Wilder is the only boxer capable of threatening him, so its between these two. Regardless of the 3rd fight result, they should take a one fight break & go back at it again...

13. Spongebob south paw pants

Feb 28, 2020
    Don't want to be a tw#t but come on man... There's loads of hw's that would school him. Cardboard cutout champ!! He slated AG for his loss to Ruiz but if he got back in well a tighter blob. Would make wilder look well like wilder on the inside

14. eltirado

Jul 31, 2013
    Lots of Journeymen can outbox Wilder (until the punch lands). Tyson Fury has the range advantage + boxing skills, that protects him from Wilder punching power.

Don't be in a hurry, you will see all the shorter Heavyweights try to copy Tyson Fury & get KOed right away

Tyson Fury advantage is more than boxing skills

1. Tyson Fury is exceptionally big framed
    2. Tyson Fury is exceptionally mentally resilient

The rest of the Heavyweights are smaller framed, Deontay Wilder gets up from any Knockdown & puts away anybody not name (Tsyon Fury), if Tyson Fury repeats the same gambler game-plan from last fight, odds of an early KO will increase, but more than likely Tyson Fury will box carefully in the 3rd fight.

15. Spongebob south paw pants

Feb 28, 2020

You must be a troll or have no idea what you're woffling on about.. not even rising to it you are going to be very disappointed if wilder ever starts fighting proper fighters. He won't last cash out and he's gone