Is there a good chance Fury v AJ will go the distance?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, May 14, 2021.

Will Fury v AJ go the distance?

1. This bout bout will go the distance

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. This bout won`t go the distance

28 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    People on here seem to think this bout will be a war with stamina and chins bejing a huge factor but I feel the first half of the bout will be like Wilder v Fury 1 with cagey jabbing on the outside until the first knockdown, look at the Pulev fight. So I`ve added a poll asking whether there`s a good chance this bout will go the distance.

sasto likes this.
  2. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    A fight could always go the distance but both men motivated to have a definitive win so excellent chance of a knockout. In terms of AJ we know his power is constant as he knocks people out early, middle rounds and late. You would think going the distance is what should suit Fury but the way he talks now he thinks he is some massive indestructible puncher so he is likely to go for it. My official prediction if Fury comes out Kronk style he get clipped inside 3 rounds but if he sticks to a boxing chess match he gets clipped like BJS between rounds 8-10 but he definitely gets clipped.

moydjayweather and HellSpawn86 like this.
  3. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    I think it will. I see Fury boxing on the outside against Joshua because that's where he has the clear advantage. I see Joshua maybe scoring a knockdown but Fury surviving it, and how many knockdowns Joshua will be able to score is up for debate.

I see it easily going to the cards personally.

HellSpawn86, sasto and mark ant like this.
  4. Mickea4

Mickea4 Active Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2018
    I think fury outboxes AJ from range over the first half of the right, wears him out and takes him out in rounds 10-12, could see it going the distance though

Rocky Datsun, channy and UmarIFLUmar like this.
  5. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I think AJ will KO him between 5-7 rounds

Olu G. Rotimi and Toney F*** U like this.
  6. 007 373 5963

007 373 5963 Active Member Full Member

May 30, 2020
    I predict a cautious AJ reminiscent of Ruiz II, but with Fury certainly being more aggressive than Ruiz was. I'm gonna guess that joshua will barely outscore fury over 12, or else it's a draw. No knockdowns. I hope i'm completely wrong though, and it's an absolute slugfest.

sasto likes this.
  7. First Round KO

First Round KO Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    I see Fury taking the fight to AJ like he did with Wilder II, I fancy Fury to KO AJ by R3.

8. Tabby73

Tabby73 New Member Full Member

Jan 19, 2020
    I see it the opposite...if Fury is on the front foot AJ will mull him

9. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Fury will revert to what he does best, outjabbing for points and showboating to take rounds. A lot of rounds where Fury lands 5 jabs and AJ lands 2 jabs plus a right hand, leading to controversial scoring. Some brief spurts of intense action where a KO could happen will be randomly scattered through the fight.

I think it's likely to go the distance.

10. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    It has a pretty good chance of going the distance. As a matter of fact it has a pretty good chance of ending up being a tie as well. Might put some money on that

11. Jennifer Love Hewitt

Jennifer Love Hewitt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    It will go the distance. It will also be a draw on the scorecards (or possibly a blatant robbery). Boxing is too corrupt to let this have a definitive answer with only one stab at the well.

12. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    I heard it was only a 1 fight deal though

13. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    Every chance.

I think Fury will start slow, move AJ around a bit let him burn some energy stick and jab and the odd right hand look to smother in close and then move again.
    I think Furys game plan will be different to Wilder 2 he won't want to try and push AJ onto the back foot early, he will be happy win rounds and make AJ use his feet at least in the first 3 rounds or so deplete the gas tank before trying to landed bigger shots later in the fight.

Joshua has to disrupt Fury cut the ring off, nice and tight in defence but has to be accurate and land with consistent pressure to make Fury hold his feet.

That being said if it gets into jab fest or generally untidy if neither can impose them self on the other. We may find they are both cautious and then we could be in for 12 rounds.

HellSpawn86 and sasto like this.
  14. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    Fury outboxed Vladimir Klitschko. He can easily outbox robotic AJ. The fact that AJ got beaten up and stopped by Andy Ruiz will only make him more tentative and easier to outbox. He will be biting big time on feints.

If Fury can blend the two styles he's shown in each Wilder fight, this should be an easy night for him. I still don't think Joshua will ever be the fighter he was before getting KO'd. Humiliating defeat.

15. Roughhouse

Roughhouse Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    It'll go the distance if Fury wants it to IMO. After seeing Joshua getting flattened the first time against the little chubby kid from the movie "Up" the first time and then running like a frightened fawn the second, I can't make the wild leap of imagination some of you can to see Joshua as some killer against anyone anymore. Much less a nasty, serious guy like Fury with world class skills. One sided fight in my mind and Joshua stays upright at Fury's discretion.

Rocky Datsun and HellSpawn86 like this.