Is there a good chance Fury v AJ will go the distance?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, May 14, 2021.

Will Fury v AJ go the distance?

1. This bout bout will go the distance

26 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. This bout won`t go the distance

28 vote(s)
    51.9%
  1. CroBox29

CroBox29 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    I predict a changed and encouraged Joshua as well as the KO victory for Joshua in the late rounds and until that moment a slight advantage of Fury in points...

2. ForemanJab

ForemanJab Deus Vult Full Member

May 8, 2014
    AJ doesn’t have the gas to go 12 in a competitive fight.

jmb1356 likes this.
  3. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    The more I think about this one, I just can't see AJ standing there in the 12th and still being effective. If it goes 12 AJ will be completely spent, with Fury dancing around with his hands in the air.

4. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    The only path that I can see for AJ is to tag Fury with one of his uppercuts like he got on Wlad in the 11th.

Aside from that, I don't see much that he can do that would trouble Fury - his gameplan against Ruiz II simply won't fly against Tyson who is taller and has a much bigger reach.

Additionally after a few rounds of Fury leaning on him and weighing him down, Joshua will be gassing worse than he's ever done before.

Can't see much aside from a Fury UD, or possible late stoppage if Josh wants out of the humiliation early like he did against Ruiz.

Would like to be surprised and have it be really competetive.

IMO AJ needs to come out fast and early - come out like he did in the 5th againts Wlad and really get an early KD and see if it can unsettle Fury.

5. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    I don't see a distance fight here, we all know that Joshua gasses badly, I see fury out boxing him early and mauling him up close whilst hammering his body.
    I can see Tyson stopping him in eight.

Col Mortimer and gollumsluvslave like this.
  6. BELLERS

BELLERS Active Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    It has every chance of going the distance. Fury knows he can outbox anyone from distance.
    Why would he let a powerful man like Joshua get close & use his most valuable asset ?
    AJ needs to cut the ring, corner Fury for long enough to do his thing.
    Fury knows AJ is prone to gassing, could he play out a modern day rope-a-dope ?
    It has the makings of an intriguing fight, although Fury's inactivity must be a concern.

Col Mortimer and sasto like this.
  7. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Hearn said it`s a two-fight deal and he wants te second fight by December.

8. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Competitive but cagey like the fist fight between Fury and Wilder.

9. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I hope so. I have plans Saturday and I want to be sure to get home in time before people start posting results.

No spoilers Saturday, please.

10. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
  11. LoadedGlove

LoadedGlove Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 6, 2019
    Fury talks great for the casuals but he knows and respects what he's up against. He sparred Joshua in 2011 and was, publicly, full of respect and admiration, Tweeting that Joshua was the real McCoy and a huge prospect.
    Fury is going to do what he did with Klitschko, keep feinting AJ slightly off balance, tap and move.
    I've been saying for ages that this fight is going to stink. That's probably why the promoters are not booking a rematch.

ArseBandit likes this.
  12. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    It's going to make Foreman-Lyle look like a patty cake contest. Hagler-Hearns will PALE into insignificance after this fight with Thor vs Jupiter smashing thunderbolts against each others chins.

Or Fury will slap AJ and keep his distance and win a split decision in a fight so boring all the camels in Arabia will fall asleep.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  13. Spongebob south paw pants

Spongebob south paw pants Active Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2020
    Think it totally depends what fury turns up and what game plan he goes for. If he wants to stand and trade it's going to be a harder night then wilder 2. Fury is definitely the better fighter on the outside but Joshua is more powerful on the inside and can throw his combinations. This is one I think is a hard call, just hope it isn't a jab off snooze fest

HellSpawn86 and Col Mortimer like this.
  14. HellSpawn86

HellSpawn86 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 6, 2007
    I personally think Fury will try and outbox AJ like he did Wlad Klitschko. I could also see AJ being more tentative than he was in the past. I personally think AJ will do best to take the fight to Fury. I think they have about equal chance to KO each other, but don't think it will play out that way.

15. ArseBandit

ArseBandit Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I expect Fury to outox Joshua from the outside over 12 and win a UD. Most likely outcome imo, so yes, I think it will go the distance.