Is Tyson Derangement Syndrome a real thing?

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by BoB Box, Jan 25, 2023.

1. surfinghb

surfinghb Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 26, 2017
    I dont agree with that .... He is one of the most popular fighters of all time .....My guess is the majority have him around the 8 -12 spot ... thats fair imo he's just like any other boxer .. there's always pros and cons , fans and critics ... for the most part

2. RulesMakeItInteresting

RulesMakeItInteresting Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 23, 2019
    I know, sigh. Even though I don't like the way he did it.

I was such a huge fan of Michael's back at light heavy, and was mystified by his fighting style against Larry. But I guess that's how it was meant...the more I watch that fight the more I see how he took the whole "Holmes has trouble with awkward fighters" and brought it to the next level. He became the most awkward fighter possible to completely foozle Larry and steal the crown away.

I guess I should give him more respect for that. I really, really don't want to...lol.

Pugguy and JohnThomas1 like this.
  3. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    :lol:

Spinks beat Holmes the only way he could. It was tactics on a genius level. Holmes was jaded and took him a bit for granted too.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  4. Pugguy

Pugguy Ingo, The Thinking Man’s GOAT Full Member

Aug 22, 2021
    Lol. Yeah, why not make it a multi purposed question? Let’s kill two birds with one stone.

BoB Box, JohnThomas1 and Fogger like this.
  5. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    You’re just one of those objective “neutralers”.

The type both nut huggers and haters feel threatened by. Enough with the impartiality already. :ibutt

JohnThomas1 likes this.
  6. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    :lol:

Pugguy likes this.
  7. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    And who doesn't love the podium!!!!!!

Pugguy likes this.
  8. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    Not me. I don’t like pulpits either. As a young catholic lad, I was made to go to church far too often. :lol:

Sometimes I think there is a good case of PDS going around - Pugguy Derangement Syndrome. I mean, sure, I could be wrong…but I am never wrong. :ladiesman:

Fergy and JohnThomas1 like this.
  9. JohnThomas1

Apr 27, 2005
    Is that Margot Robbie one side and Caitlin Stasey the other?

Don't dare even answer, i know it is.

Let the sermon begin :worship2:

Pugguy likes this.
  10. Pugguy

Aug 22, 2021
    Nailed it! (double entendre?)

You did well. I picked the closest emoji likenesses I could find - but I still felt they mightn’t cut the mustard - but you had no problem picking out who they are.

I’m saying 10 preemptive Hail Marys as penance for the sins I am about to commit.

11. White Bomber

White Bomber Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2021
    If we are judging him based on his career, he's in the lower half of the top 10 HWs.
    If we are judging just based on prime/peak form, he's top 3 all time.

He had the potential to be the HW GOAT.

mirexxa and BoB Box like this.
  12. Mike_b

Mike_b Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 9, 2020
    I think it's crazy though how low teddy stoops to discredit this man, calling all of his fights "an athletic exhibition" on the Rogan show while claiming "the only time he faced serious advercity he folded". I don't see teddy getting into a chin hitting contest against Holyfield so why bother trying? Like the op said he wasn't the greatest or a bum, but give him his props for his just dues. IMO Tyson fought too many super heavyweights late in his career, shoulda been facing the Byrds, Oquendo, toneys, Messi s of the world. It sure woulda been a fun ride to be on that bandwagon. Even John Ruiz lol

mirexxa, White Bomber and BoB Box like this.
  13. White Bomber

White Bomber Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2021
    Teddy hates Tyson, that's why he tries to discredit him every chance he gets.

Mike_b, BoB Box and Journeyman92 like this.
  14. Journeyman92

Journeyman92 I’m become seeker of milk Full Member

Sep 22, 2021
    It’s a funny thing, the people who hate Tyson usually champion another equally overrated fighter as a Demi-god. The HW discussions usually boil down to “My dad could beat your dad up” levels of debate for a reason. HW division has the worst fights, dumbest fans and the most fun debates.

Fergy, BoB Box and Entaowed like this.
  15. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Correctomundo. Tyson was clearly a force at his best but he also struggled some with certain styles. His later career suffered from ill discipline. Facts are facts.

William Walker likes this.