Is Tyson Fury becoming underrated ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by MarkusFlorez99, Aug 1, 2022.

1. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Resumes don't win fights, gypsies do

2. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    He deserves to be underrated if he’s really trying to make the 3rd Chisora fight.

chacal likes this.
  3. BrokerNYC

BrokerNYC Member Full Member

Feb 8, 2021
    Fury is far from underrated, he's grossley overrated. Not to the degree AJ was from 2016 to June 1st 2019, but very overrated.

The fact is; there are many heavyweights who would give Fury hell but he won't fight them because of economics. Styles make fights and just because Fury is undefeated and someone like Michael Hunter looked terrible in his last fight doesn't mean that Hunter stands no chance. I actually think that someone underrated like Hunter or a puncher like AJ would could stop Fury or out point him.

Usyk, AJ, Hrgovic, Hunter, Parker, Joyce, Sanchez etc on any given night any of these fighters could defeat Fury

4. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Grossly overweight last pics I saw.

5. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    The resume critisms are understandable but H2H he's a problem for most if not all ATGS

6. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    The opposite.

Some.people on here are saying he has a better record than Lewis and AJ is absurd.

Furys two most notable wins are Wlad and Whyte (both great wins). Then two decent but non top quality HWs in Chisora and Wilder.

7. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Bookmark the date. Mitch room algorithm formula calculates Wilder as "decent". I'm going for a lie down.

MarkusFlorez99 likes this.
  8. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Nah.

He's beaten two... maybe three very good fighters?

Head to head I rate him as a top 5 ATG. But that has to be backed up by accomplishments. Right now he has to have one of the weakest resumes ever for someone considered in ATG discussions.

He beat Chisora in the rematch almost 8 years ago now. In the time since hes beaten Wlad, Wilder, and I guess if you want to count him for some reason, Whyte.

In 8 years.

Thats ridiculous.

That there will be 'reasons' why that is, doesnt take away from the fact that its hard to 'underrate' someone with that level of competition.

9. LD Boxer-Puncher

LD Boxer-Puncher Well-Known Member Full Member

May 10, 2017
    In between fights he always is. He's probably partially to blame himself because of general inactivity between them all, but these fools write him off all the time or at least say he's not a great etc then he goes out and displays true greatness every time and the same people still don't learn. I gave up trying to teach it long ago. This is one of the most special fighters the division has seen. Without a doubt

10. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4 Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    This. A lot of pure boxing fans myself included love Usyk. Some think Usyk is a God like figure but make no mistake Fury starts as favourite over him if they ever do fight and my money would be on Fury.

DaRealJT likes this.