Is Tyson Luke Fury An ATG...???

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by JOKER, Oct 14, 2021.

Is Tyson Luke Fury An ATG...???

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jackstraw

Jackstraw Active Member Full Member

Jan 28, 2018
    Do it, Serge! What’s the point of being a mod if you don’t use your power? Sure, a few of these meaningless proles will squeal like scalded pigs upon seeing their votes changed and will probably leave…but so what? I already don’t miss them.
    “If you want to make an omelette you can’t be afraid to break a few eggs.” Stalin
    “Power not used is power wasted.”
    Jackstraw

Serge likes this.
  2. Sabio del boxeo

Sabio del boxeo New Member Full Member

Jul 18, 2021
    I voted yes but still feels he needs more. But with the current HW scene, the realistic thing he could only do is unify the belts and defend it for a few years. If he stays undefeated during that tenure then that would be a bonus. He is not young anymore and I feel he only has a few years left in his tank

3. BELLERS

BELLERS Active Member Full Member

Feb 22, 2020
    I can’t see how he can be.
    He has fought pretty much completely in a very weak era of HW & been too inactive.
    His resume isn’t great nor ever will be due my reason above.
    If he beats Usyk, AJ & Whyte it will enhance his reputation & legacy, but not to ATG status.
    It’s obviously not his fault to a large degree, but that’s how l see it.

4. Bokaj

Bokaj Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 4, 2008
    Depends on what you do define as ATG. If he retired today, would he make into the top 20 at HW? Maybe. Ahead of for example Bowe, I'd say, and probably also Vitaly. Maybe he could lose a spot or two for not daring to be great when quitting while he really has the chance to establish a great legacy.

But the only way he'd make the top 10 would be by some hypothetical h2h and those aren't part of my criteria.

Personally, he'd be a big disappointment for me, with that apparent potential and quitting just before what would probably be a showdown with Usyk for all the marbles. It would be the first time in a long while where two undefeated HWs who both have a claim to the championship face off for the undisputed title.

EDIT: Quitting like that would probably put him putside the top 20, l think, but I'd have to make the list to feel sure

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    McGrain likes this.
  5. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    No.

Not yet.

He doesn't have the depth yet. But if he beats up three or four AJ level opponents - doesn't even need to operate in the top four - he'd get there. He's a very strange case.

zulander and Mighty like this.
  6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    :lol: I was born and raised to be a devious amoral sack of **** but unfortunately as a born again gypsy I live my life in accordance with the scriptures of the Gypsy faith these days

navigator and Jackstraw like this.
  7. Scar

Scar Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
  8. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    No

His career to date is no where near good enough!

Prior to fighting Wlad his career was unremarkable to say the least!
    He beat Klitschko in the worst Heavyweight Title fight in living memory
    In just over 7 years he has fought just 4 men & had only 6 fights
    Arguably his only 2 quality opponents were an unmotivated, stale & ageing Klitschko & one of the worst HW Champions in the history of the sport

Jackstraw likes this.
  9. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Log off. Idiot.

zulander likes this.
  10. 22JM

22JM Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    No his best win is against a guy who fested on bums even Fury said that himself

11. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    I'd say he's close. Needs to fight Usyk and AJ and beat them both. He then needs to take out the top up and coming HW.

12. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    This is how I feel about it.

When you unseat an ATG from his legendary title reign, you don't need to do a lot more. The exciting trilogy fights add, and the wins over ChisoraX2, Wallin, Cunningham and Hammer are notable, and may go up in value over time.

I would say 1-2 more good wins, and it is hard to deny him at least a spot with Patterson, Bowe, Walcott and Vitkilt. If they are very good wins, or, say, Wallin goes on to become a champ, then his resume starts to look pretty stellar.

A little more.

13. BCS8

BCS8 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    For beating Wilder, the guy everybody said couldn't box in the first place? Suuure, why not?

14. Spongebob south paw pants

Spongebob south paw pants Active Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2020
    Not for me apart from beating Klitschko spend most of his active years fighting wilder. Needs to stay focused and get the usyk and AG fights under his belt if he wants to come and gain that status

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021
    BCS8 likes this.
  15. BCS8

BCS8 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    So Fury is nearly as good as Michael Spinks?