Is Vasilly Lomachenko an all time great

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Thunderstorm, Aug 7, 2022.

1. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Great skills but the resume isn't there.
    He's a great in the skills dept, defo.

2. Roughhouse

Roughhouse Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Not after that chokejob against Lopez.

3. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    15 of his 18 fights have been world championship fights, though.

I think my stats are correct, apologies if some might be slightly off. I don't think they are though

For example someone like the 28-0 Spence hasn't even fought half that many

Even the 38-0 Crawford has only fought one more than Loma

Jermello has only had 9 in 37 fights and he should have at least two Ls and he's in his first division and is fighting opponents he's bigger than or are his size and he's not fighting on the road like Loma. If he was Loma he would've rematched Castano in Argentina with a Argentine ref and three Argentine judges not in the US with a full set of home officials.

I mention these fighters specifically because they've all had over 25 fights and are ranked in the P4P top 10 too

Six of the top 10 have had less than 25 fights

Inoue 23 title fights, 18 world title fights, fought like 9 champs I think
    Usyk 19 fights, 8 world title fights, fought 6 champs
    Bivol 20 fights, 9 world title fights, fought 3 champs
    Loma 18 fights, 15 world title fights, fought 11 champs
    Taylor 19 fights, 5 world title fights, fought 5 champs
    Beterbiev 18 fights, 7 world title fights, fought 4 champs

So that just leaves Clenelo who I think has had 20 world title fights and has fought like 19 champs in 61 fights

And

Crawford 38 fights, 16 world title fights, fought 9 champs

Spence 28 fights, 7 world title fights, fought 7 champs

Jermello 37 fights, 9 world title fights, fought 4 champs

The only reason Loma lost to Salido is because of corruption rearing its ugly head again and anyone who holds that against Loma obviously supports that corruption. Aside from the fact Salido weighed over two divisions heavier than Loma, came in over 2lbs the weight, rehydrated 19lbs, was allowed to cheat like crazy all night by one of the sport's most corrupt referees, a ref whose eagle eye somehow managed to pick out Dirrell and Abraham's feet getting slightly tangled in order to discount a KD for the home fighter Dirrell after calling a bogus one for him against the away fighter Abraham earlier on in the bout but he somehow managed to miss all these

Had he deducted just one point from Salido when he clearly deserved to have multiple points deducted if not been DQ'd the fight would've been declared a draw

This content is protected

Loma outlanded Salido 164 to 142 but over a third of the later's total punch connects were low blows many of which flagrantly so shouldn't even be counted as legal scoring blows and Loma had never been past five rounds in his life before going into that fight

Loma is routinely giving away huge physical advantages in terms of weight and reach that no other fighter in the P4P top 10 (Crawford had never been at a reach disadvantage in any of his world title fights) is and he's fighting giants in his third weight class, has fought lots of big, very big, or huge punchers many of whom bigger or way bigger than him, but people praising the crap out of one or two weight champs who are on featherfist leprechaun safari in their own backyards all the time

Loma has lost 3 fights in his entire life, in over 420 bouts amateur and pro

One was highly controversial and should not be a loss

One was controversial and avenged x 2

The other was a very close loss on most people's cards, when injured, in his third weight class against a way naturally bigger opponent in their backyard with a home ref and three home judges, and they're a massive puncher with vicious one punch KO power in both hands

Teo is the hardest puncher at 130 IMO

This content is protected

In over 420 fights am and pro Loma has only ever lost to someone who didn't weigh two weight classes more than him x 1 and he avenged it x 2, and as said one of those three losses should not be a loss

Dynamicpuncher likes this.