Is Vasyl Lomachenko p4p the GOAT?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Beouche, Dec 15, 2021.

1. DaRealJT

DaRealJT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    Not even near top 50

George Crowcroft likes this.
  2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I think it's overblown how Salido came in so heavy. He rehydrated 15lbs, which isn't that much. Inoue himself rehydrated 6/7lbs. I agree the deck was stacked against Lomachenko that night, but the loss shouldn't just be written off for no reason. The biggest reason for the loss IMO, is he didn't understand his own pacing until he'd actually been in there and done it. You can see how he unfurls with an endless barrage in the twelfth to try and take a tired Salido out. Sure, he probably would've stopped him if he'd have fought him one fight later, but I don't like his chances if you're putting him in with a guy like Saddler who'd do everything Salido did but far more aggressively and would have no respect for Loma, no fear of his power and hits extremely hard.

3. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Loma is a marvel, no doubt and I'm guessing you're ranking Loma on the eye test or mythical H2H with ATG's in and around his weight. This is a fair assessment. However, it is an assessment based on opinon, not accomplishments as a pro. I rank ATG status based on what guys have done at the pro level. For me, I cannot say Loma is the Goat.

Serge likes this.
  4. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Nope not even close for me. He's a great fighter but personally I've never ranked him as high as some. I personally think Usyk is better P4P, I think he has a more complete skill set.

5. Imperial1

Imperial1 VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
  6. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
  7. AdamT

AdamT Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 18, 2019
    No he is not Goat and neither is anyone in recent times including manny and Floyd

I just got done watching Duran and Leonard go at it in Montreal again for about the 15th time

You guys think Loma are ahead of these 2?? Lol

8. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    No not GOAT status

not even current status.
    he is 3rd in front or 4th behind Crawford
    (Depends on their next fights tbh)

Usyk & Canelo are interchangeable at 1 & 2
    (Depending on their next fights as well)

9. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Yes.... c'mon...

Beouche likes this.
  10. Baneofthegame

Baneofthegame Active Member Full Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Like I said, I didn’t agree with the P4P statement, but for a basic novice in terms of the pro game.

Salido ballooned up to 147 fight night, 12 pounds more than Lomachenko, essentially two eight classes above, should of been docked at least one point and got an SD.

There’s a reason he declined a rematch despite the cash.

drenlou likes this.
  11. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    My mistake, I thought Salido was 141, and Loma was 136. Either way, my overall point still stands. You could throw somebody like Salvador Sanchez from his title fight in with Salido and he wouldn't have any problems, let alone lose.

Even still, being 11lbs heavier still isn't an insurmountable gap. Sure, it's difficult but should the GOAT be able to do it? Absolutely. It's actually sort of gap a guy like Armstrong gave up pretty often. Greb, Langford and others from that time period did it all the time.

Lomachenko got a reality check. This isn't the amateurs where they take points off for anything or give out counts for two clean punches landed. I'm not going back and forth with this, but it's clear the fight goes very differently had a point been deducted. We don't know whether or not Salido would've stopped, and I don't like going down "shoulda woulda coulda" loopholes. He ****ed up his pacing, and couldn't handle the pros, and he lost because of it.

It wouldn't take Salvador Sanchez, Vicente Saldivar, Henry Armstrong, etc; two attempts at beating Salido. Even in their first title fight, while actively giving away a lot of weight, having a lax referee.

12. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    His career has yet to end and already his skills are recognized as being very special and unique. Three division champion in 13 fights. On course to secure a shot at being a 4 division champ. The 'Matrix' is indeed the greatest fighter of his generation, and lucky for us he isn't finished yet.

13. Rubber Glove Sandwich

Rubber Glove Sandwich A lot of people have pools Full Member

Aug 15, 2020
    Going by resume I don't think he would be top 50. Ihaven't made an all time list yet so I couldn't tell you what exact number he would be.

14. mafioso

mafioso Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 10, 2013
    14-2 so heelll nooo

15. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Personally, I think Loma wanted to prove to Salido that the weight did not matter and did not fight with movement, angles etc, until it was too late. Ego, pride got the best of Loma that night. Noway, does the Loma of the Commey fight lose to any version of Salido. But, that what goes with being great. You need to fight to your strengths, not your opponents.