Is Wlad too god for his own good?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by EpsilonAxis, Jul 9, 2007.

1. EpsilonAxis

EpsilonAxis HNIC Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    Obviously, any fighter in the division will make the most money fighting Wlad...

But unification might never come. Fighters can make more money against less risky opponents than almost certainly losing their title (and not getting it back any time soon) against Wlad.

What do you think? I doubt Wlad has any fear of the many recent champions who've barely defended their titles. And he has fought awesome competition lately as well...

2. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    wlad is all about money, he will fight the others if the money is right, the reason he wouldn't deal with king was because king wouldn't give him the money he wanted.

3. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    no chance, he is the floyd mayweather of heavyweight, floyd may be a loud mouth and say it like he means it but wlad does it behind the scene.

4. EpsilonAxis

Jul 24, 2004
    I tend to think he can strike a deal now that King is gone.

The Klitschkos have expressed for many years that they didn't want to do any business with Don King. Most likely due to options, but I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

Now that there are no titlists with King (that i know of at least) things should be a lot easier, and I will give Wlad some flack if he doesn't fight for another title in a year.

But at the same time, these champions have been changing so often...I think the most important thing is that Wlad fights the best contenders out there, title or not. Larry Holmes never unified, but made his statement in the division by taking on the top guys and winning.

5. Gabriel R.

Gabriel R. New Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    It really appears that he is too good for his own good. I mean, he is the clear favorite over any other heavyweight out there. How can you expect a battle under those circumstances? But a battle is what people want to see. Instead, Klitschko gives a demonstration of his superiourity. So the only thrilling thing left is to wait for another upset.

6. Saku

Saku We Are All One Full Member

Apr 25, 2006
    No chance? What do you mean by "no chance"?
    He is the only heavy out there who wants an unification bout, you are so ridiculous, he just told the newspapers that he wants to fight the winner of Chagaev - Ibragimov because one of them will hold two titles.
    Or do you believe he is ducking one of them? He is all about money? Hell, are you upset coz he won again?

7. Mook

Mook Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2005
    I think a fight vs Valuev would get him some mainstream exposure. It'd be good for the sport.

8. EpsilonAxis

Jul 24, 2004
    Well it took him awhile to partially unify, as well.

But Wlad has only had a major belt for what, a year? And he has 3 solid defenses of that title. He also had a great run as WBO champ. So I think he can be considered at the very least "The man to beat" right now.

9. EpsilonAxis

Jul 24, 2004
    Ok, let me show you how i break it down.

Wlad has beaten the following fighters, who were either top ten at the time or became top ten after...

Chris Byrd x2 (WBO, IBF champ)
    Calvin Brock
    Sam Peter (current WBC title contender)
    Lamon Brewster (WBO champ)
    Davarryl Williamson (former IBF title contender)
    Jameel McCline (former IBF title contender)
    Monte Barrett (former WBA title contender)

He has also beaten:

Frans Botha
    Derrick Jefferson
    Axel Shultz
    Charles Shufford
    Eliseo Castillo
    Ray Mercer
    Danell Nicholson
    Ray Austin

among a larger list of B level fighters.

He has literally double the top ten wins of any other fighter holding a title or wanting to hold one...the closest i can think of right now is Ruslan Chagaev beating Virchis (barely), Ruiz (barely), and Valuev (barely).

10. EpsilonAxis

Jul 24, 2004
    Regardless (and i agree with you), it was a competitive fight.

I have no problem with Ruslan, I think he's probably the biggest threat to Wlad's reign right now, but point being, Wlad is certainly the man to beat at the moment.

11. Heavyrighthand

Heavyrighthand Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    I think Wlad's dominance may be just the thing to get the pubic to press even harder for complete unification of the titles...........at long last.

Not certain what I think will come of it all, but a fighter being head and shoulders above the rest can only be good to finally establishing one, single,unified champion.

But maybe not. I guess time will tell.

12. slugfest

slugfest New Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Yeah! I cannot think of any other reasons beside cash you wouldn't want to deal with KIng??????? What the hell is Wlad thinking???????

Name a fight that Wlad took only because the price was right? Peter? Byrd? Brock? Austin? Brewster? None of these fights had any significance in the heavyweight division?????? Wlad only fought them because he needed the money while there were much more deserving and tougher opponents that he ducked??????

13. Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 11, 2004
    It's not the cash that is promiced. Witherspoon ended up back inthe Gehtto 6 months after he lost his title. He only had $50,000. The first class rooms and the hot and cold running babes were not being paid by Don King. Holms was glad to get rid of King and for all that King done for him, like keep him away form unifiying, and making sure Holms had his kiddy parade. King is a thief, and gets away with it with boxers. Lots of money promiced..... too bad Tyson ran out of lawyers,.
    Besides which, the Klitchko's think King to be uncultured, which is the very worse thing a "russian" can say about some one, even worse than his mother having a black hole. True trash, and unwilling to improve them self form being trash.
    All the American's have been ragging for years about Klitchko's should be taking King's money....why is it that everyone has to get a $100,000 an hour lawyer after being screwed by him. Why bother.....$1.5 to 2 million hassle free is better than trying to get that extra million out of King,if ever.
    Lincoln freed the slaves, till King came.

14. tlyle4444

tlyle4444 New Member Full Member

Jul 9, 2007
    i still think this guy is a joke the only one in his weight class that i would like to see him fight is Sam Peter. he has learned a lot from the last fight and i think he will soon be come the next unified heavyweight champ.