Ryan vs Pac

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingDialogue, Jan 24, 2021.

1. jmb1356

jmb1356 Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2019
    I actually don't mind these two fighting each other. It should be an actual match. Already obvious Oscar is doing it to give Garcia exposure and experience, the same thing Mayweather/Canelo did for Canelo.

2. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    Again...where's this crap that it might be an exhibition???

3. FromBuenosAires

FromBuenosAires Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2019
    the fight is not listed on boxrec yet. im leaning towards it being an exhibition

4. sambatraube

sambatraube Member Full Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I already posted link of the video on page 3 when pacquiao was asked about the headlines garcia posted on his instagram about a match against pac.

He said they are finalizing stuff this week and opponent will be announce sunday. He mentioned if it’s ryan garcia “exhibition lang yan” which means it’ll just be exhibition. And he laughed because ryan is 22 years old like pacquiao son, and him being like a proffesor to a student because of the age difference.

He also said that the fight with crawford and spence is still possible. Maybe after this exhibition fight. Pacquiao will announce the next opponent on sunday.

The link of the interview starts at 1:56

This content is protected

The Real Lance likes this.
  5. uranage

uranage Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Various boxing source i.e. Steve Kim, Michael Benson, Coppinger have confirmed that it is a EXHIBITION.

6. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    Much better fight for Manny than letting Crawford retire him at 147

7. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Yeah them fighting in an actual real fight is good...... I'm on about the fact they are discussing an 'exhibition fight' instead

8. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    If they believe having Garcia fight an exhibition fight at this point in his career he needs to remove himself from Goldenboy asap. I get they want to milk the cow. I get they might not want to take risks and having these to sparring to a draw may be good money. Unless it Manny in a real fight i aint interested.

However a Linares or Tennyson fight or even JoJo Diaz would allow him to have a few more winnable fights and continue to build him. If they want to avoid Haney and Lopez for a while.

9. Anima

Anima Kinetic Link Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    A win win for Garcia, I like it.

10. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    narrowing my google search to include the writers did bring that up. Thanks!!

uranage likes this.
  11. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    Well, if it does turn out to be officially an exhibition, I have no interest in paying whatever the cost will be. An exhibition is completely pointless. Both have better things to do that will actually count.

12. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    What happened to the Tank fight? Did Floyd have a talk with his puppet and hide him from Garcia while he scours the lighter weights for his next opponent? I hate exhibitions and don’t like this fight. If Garcia somehow wins, he will get no credit. If he loses, it gives the other Lightweights an excuse to avoid him because he has a loss. Garcia is popular in social media and Manny still has a pretty big name but is this really a big enough money fight? I’d rather see Garcia fight any of the top LWs (Tank, Haney, Lopez, Loma) than fight a guy two classes above him and see Manny fight Crawford or Spence. This fight is pointless.

My money is on Manny of course. Unless he got old fast, I don’t think Ryan has a chance. Manny from the Thurman fight is still faster, smarter and better than Garcia who is still improving. It would surprise me if this fight actually takes place.