Its a shame Margarito has that stain on his Legacy. Mythical Creature ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dance84, Oct 14, 2020.

1. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    He was good but he lost to Williams and the Cotto rematch. He always came to fight, but I suspect that Floyd would have outboxed him. There wasn't a punch he didn't like to take. He was strong and kept coming, but he was not a great fighter. He used a physical strength to do well in some situations, but Mosley was an old guy and he beat him down pretty badly. If he did have something in his gloves then his legacy deserves what it gets. The question is what was it. Maybe someday he and his corner will somehow want to clear it up. I don't know. If he was innocent, then it is not fair. What was in his glove? Something was there from what I saw on TV.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Crawford is an exception, not a rule. Going up to 160+, isn't a normal thing for a welterweight. I pulled 15lbs from the HBO fight-night weigh ins. Keep up. And even the fact that you have to say "If Margo was fighting a proper 147/154 fighter" only proves my point. Margo was rehydrating 15lbs, on guys who were naturally smaller anyway.

Come on pal I don't need it. You do.

Dance84 likes this.
  3. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I guarantee you welters are around 160 come fight time, your using a small man moving up weights as an example, when it’s only pac coming in low. What weight would you think an average welter walks to the ring at ?

4. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    Not 167. :lol:

5. Somali Sanil

Sep 1, 2019
    See, you know I'm right George lad lol they are around 160. The huge difference is because pacs tiny

6. George Crowcroft

Mar 3, 2019
    No, you're not right. At all. 167 is huge. 17lbs is a massive amount to rehydrate.

Pac weighing 150 is irrelevant there.

The average welter since the weigh in change, rehydrates 5-10lbs. They normally weigh below 160, against other guys their size. Margo comes up 10-15lbs, and fights guys who've moved up in weight.

7. Somali Sanil

Sep 1, 2019
    I'd say 10lb plus george, 5lb lol, c'mon george, that's Pac again, stop using Pac

8. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Good point about the gloves, I just mean he didn't take him seriously enough in terms of training. He didn't train as hard as he did for Canelo, he wasn't in that kind of shape when he fought Maidana.

9. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    You'd go for defamation of character. Antonio merely had his boxing licence suspended by the CSAC because they SUSPECTED he may have tried to load his gloves against Mosely. The pads were microscopically tested by an independant lab & were deemed HARMLESS. The CSAC never officially lifted the ban because of their suspicion. Other State Commissions allowed him to fight. The CSAC couldnt indict him they had no proof he'd done anything wrong

Dance84 likes this.
  10. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Floyd was allowed to escape punishment because the NSAC refused to investigate even after breaking THREE of their own rules on Saline drip treatment when he was caught red handed cheating
    1 He never requested a TUE for the saline prior to use
    2 The saline was administered in his own home Not in a medical facility as their rules stated
    3 The amount of saline given was many times the recommended dosage for dehydration
    The CSAC's answer was " Mr Mayweather did nothing wrong so we will not be investigating" ROFLMAO Now that is pure corruption by the NSAC
    PimpC the clown that liked your post is the one that refuses to address this situation LOL He cannot he knows as well as what we all know WHY floyd cheated.

11. Dance84

Dance84 Unicorn and seastar land Full Member

Oct 11, 2017
    So much controversy in boxing......

George Crowcroft likes this.
  12. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Only with the help of pac did Cotto win

George Crowcroft likes this.
  13. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Stop

14. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    Cotto couldnt even beat a one eyed Margarito The NY doc must have had $$$ on Cotto cause he stopped the fight to save Cowardly Cotto taking a knee & QUITTING AGAIN!!!!

15. C.J.

Apr 14, 2009
    C'mon Pimp answer me!! How can you justify The NSAC allowing Mayweather to break THREE of their own rules without punishment eg " Mr Mayweather did nothing wrong"
    Youre making yourself look like a coward Pimp. Go on be a man & admit you know why Fluffy cheated