It's better for boxing if Usyk wins......

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dynamicpuncher, May 13, 2024.

1. KO_King

KO_King Horizontal Heavyweight Full Member

Apr 16, 2023
    Yes Fury makes money. But that doesn't make him the best of his generation or excuse his poor behaviour as champion.
    There is no doubt he has a fan base (although it has declined), people who hold him to a lower standard than ATG heavyweights of the past. Just because he makes money doesn't equate to being good for the sport. to
    Dont get me wrong. I am not saying Fury is no good. Or not a personality - He is. But his poor conduct as champion has turned many fans off. That is a fact.

2. Gog97675

Gog97675 Member banned Full Member

Apr 13, 2024
    It would better for boxing if both Usyk and Fury retire. Either man having the heavyweight title makes the belts a joke. Tyson Fury best wins were against a old Wlad in a fight he landed 86 punches in 12 rounds and Fury beat Wilder.

Usyk was cruiser weight champion. A weight class nobody cares about. He moved up to heavyweight and beat a old Chazz Witherspoon who was never good to began with. A old Derek Chisora and didn't look good doing it. To put this to perspective. David Haye another blown up cruiser weight destroyed a prime Derek Chisora. Then Usyk beat a mentally damaged Anthony Joshua and then Daniel Dubois. A guy who almost lost to Kevin Lerena.

Let's go further , Tyson Fury landed 86 punches in 12 rounds against a old Wlad who wasn't throwing many punches back right. Fury landed around 20-25 percent of his punches. As I stated before. Could you imagine any world class heavyweight from the 1970's to Lennox Lewis retired no destroying a 40 year old? George Foreman, Mike Tyson, Riddick Bowe, Tommy Morrison, Lennox Lewis, David Tua, Ike Ibeabuchi etc would of destroyed a 40 year old Wlad like Corrie Sanders did to a 27 year old Wlad.

Let's go further. Fury fought Francesco Pianeta and in 10 rounds he landed 100 punches. Fury landed 17 percent of his punches and 1.7 percent of his jabs. George Foreman landed 225 punches out of 400 against Tommy Morrison when Foreman was 43 and even when Foreman was 48 he was landed 280 punches at over 50 percent landed against Shannon Briggs.

Usyk is the same way. He lands 20-25 percent of his punches no matter who he gets in the ring with. You frequently see guys now land less than 100 punches in 12 rounds. Andy Ruiz landed around 76 punches in 12 rounds against a 50 year old Luis Ortiz who landed 78. Ajagba and Martin both landed 60 or so punches in 12 rounds. These guys now days are usually out of shape. The casual fan can't grasp the difference between being big and being overweight. Then these guys rarely get in the ring. You will see a guy turn pro at 20 and is 30 and only has 15 bouts.

Tyson Fury has no personality besides saying dozer and making a bunch of offensive comments. Usyk has no personality at all. They both are boring in the ring.

I long for the days or seeing guys like Bowe fighting Holyfield, Foreman fighting Ron Lyle, Michael Moorer fighting the late Bert Cooper.

3. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    I would prefer to see Usyk win the fight, I respect him as a good clean Sportsman with a good image and is a respectable person who carries himself well. That is how a champion should Act.

Having you said that, I'm really disappointed in Tyson Fury. When he was dressing up his Batman, giving good humored interviews and so forth, I really got excited about him because I thought he was a well-needed injection of personality and color into the heavyweight division, and apart from that he could fight for a huge guy! He had actual skills and footwork and things that I thought was going to bring good things to the heavyweight division and bring boxing back into the mainstream to a degree.

Unfortunately we all see what boxing has become of late.

4. Levook

Levook Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    I am not blaming Tyson Fury alone, but we all know that as the heavyweight division goes, so goes boxing.

5. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    I too was once a Fury fan. His antics I found amusing and brought attention to the sport.

But the last few years it has worn thin. I think people are finding him a little tiresome now, and his antics sometimes make us wince.

Usyk is the better man - and I hope he wins.

Last edited: May 14, 2024
    Levook, Dynamicpuncher and lordlosh like this.
  6. UmarIFLUmar

UmarIFLUmar Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 8, 2021
    Win or lose I think this should be Usyks last fight(s). There's nothing left for him to prove. Fury still has a few more years in him but he's so erratic he'll probably just retire again after this fight.

I'd like Usyk to win for the sake of watching the Fury family get humbled. But if Fury wins to set up a fight with Joshua next year for all the belts that's fine with me too. This feels like a win-win fight for boxing fans.

7. pugilista

pugilista Member banned Full Member

Feb 18, 2024
    The highlighted bit is exactly how I feel about this fight. One just has to look at how Usyk and his entire team conduct themselves. Just look at how they dealt with and reacted to the incident yesterday. Notice how Usyk never used a single bad word for Fury, despite Fury's constant foul-mouthed rants. Consider the class Krassyuk shows as a manager compared to Warren or Spencer Brown. Imagine what the whole Fury clan would do if Usyk spoke about Fury the way Fury talks about him, or if Usyk's family were as hostile and boorish towards Fury's family and team as the Furys are towards Usyk's. You wouldn't hear the end of it; there would be talk of mental health, racism, disrespect, and more.

How anyone can prefer Team Fury's ways over Team Usyk's is beyond me. I always ask this simple question to those who speak derogatorily about Usyk or his team: Who would you rather have as a next-door neighbour, Usyk or Fury? Krassyuk or John Fury? I'm pretty sure that even those Fury supporters who put on this act and talk badly about Team Usyk here would never want to live next door to any of the Furys. Anyone who says otherwise is simply lying. Genuinely preferring or cheering the ways of Team Fury over the ways of Team Usyk is as good as a confession of having a lack of moral compass. No civilised, rational, law-abiding person would honestly appreciate or like the members of Team Fury more than the members of Team Usyk.

Serge and Kiwi_in_America like this.
  8. Dorrian_Grey

Dorrian_Grey It came to me in a dream Full Member

Apr 20, 2024
    Can't believe everyone saying Fury is better for boxing because he has a more colourful personality and that Usyk is dull as a box of rocks apparently. I wonder if anyone has actually seen an Usyk interview, or maybe just can't be bothered listening to a translator because every single time I've seen an Usyk interview, he has come across as charming, charismatic, light-hearted, and genuinely quite funny.
    This content is protected

Last edited: May 14, 2024
    Pugguy, Serge, lordlosh and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Yes - Usyk could retire

But I want to see him fight JOSEPH PARKER !!

10. OldSchoolBoxing

OldSchoolBoxing Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 30, 2021
    Wasn't Fury banned by UKAD between 2015 and 2017?

Serge and lordlosh like this.
  11. humbug

humbug In Vino Veritas Full Member

May 1, 2006
    If Fury comes in on par as he did in the Wilder 2 fight, both mentally and physically, Fury will stop Usyk mid to late rounds, without taking much punishment in the process.

12. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    you mean build himself up to parker level?

13. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Totally agree. The conduct and class of Usyk and his team and Belly and his team is night and day and as a Brit it's embarrassing and shameful seeing these uncouth yobs treat Usyk and his team like this.

And it's all so unnecessary and the reason why is because Belly, win or lose, has never wanted a goddamn thing to do with Usyk and all the hostility and resentment he feels for him stems from that.

Again, Usyk is one of the nicest, most humble, most likeable and respectful sportsman in the history of sports, let alone in the history of this sport.

pugilista and Dorrian_Grey like this.
  14. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    So someone else made Fury fight Chisora a 3rd time and a MMA fighter ? Rubbish.

Fans are tired of Fury's antics now maybe at first it was something different but now it's like a long running joke that is tiresome hence why Fury gets alot of hate all over social media.

15. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Usyk is on a different planet to Wilder in every attribute apart from power.

Dorrian_Grey likes this.