It's Macho Time! (3x Fresh Camacho Bouts)

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Russell, May 5, 2018.

1. Russell

Russell VIP Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2007
    Enjoy.

This content is protected

Reason123, It's Ovah and The Senator like this.
  2. Russell

Apr 1, 2007
  3. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Camacho so much better in the first video, versus Loy, when he was on the rise. Puts punches together very well and had great variety in his punch arsenal. Also showed the ability to stand his ground and catch the opponent coming in with quick yet powerful flurries. Also showed a killer instinct and could
    Turn aggressive on a dime.

By the time the other two fights happened, Camacho had devolved into a safety first jab and grabber with a negative style. He could still beat limited opposition by not in the exciting and definitive way he obliterated Lot.

ETM and Russell like this.
  4. Longhhorn71

Longhhorn71 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    The Macho Man a very good - great fighter. Sadly his "name" will slip away over time.

One of the few, if any, boxer who has wins over both Duran (twice) and SRL.

Russell likes this.
  5. Saintpat

Saintpat Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Was Hector ever knocked down?

6. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Reyes Cruz put a nice knockdown on in in round 1. Oscar in round 9 and maybe Houk.

7. Russell

Apr 1, 2007
    It's funny, his "on paper" resume might just be one of the greatest of all modern times... though that hardly tells the entire story.

Longhhorn71 likes this.
  8. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    The scalps he collected: Duran, Leonard, Mancini, Bazooka Limon, Jose Luis Ramirez, Boza-Edwards, Howard Davis, Edwin Rosario and many others.

Yes, it looks different under a microscope ... but I wonder about some of these old-timers with a lot of ‘name’ wins on their records and wonder if we knew as much about the particulars of those opponents at the time they fought if some legends might also have holes.

Longhhorn71 and Russell like this.
  9. redrooster

redrooster Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 29, 2005

or becuz of youtube, it may GROW over time as it has over the last 18 years

Longhhorn71 likes this.
  10. redrooster

redrooster Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 29, 2005
    such talent and speed. might even be slicker and quicker than the great Benny Leonard

Longhhorn71 likes this.
  11. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    When I 1st Camacho I thought he was one of the most gifted fighters I'd ever seen , even more gifted than a Leonard, Hearns or Duran. Than I saw him against Limon and thought, hell maybe more gifted and better than Robinson. BUT Rasario came along, and with one shot, showed Camacho may have had the the physical skills of an ATG, but he was 2nd or 3rd rate at best as far as his heart and toughness are concerned after that one shot.. The rest of his long career after that 1 punch showed who he truly was inside. And its takes much more than the physical to be an ATG.

Jel likes this.
  12. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    hector was very good. I just think his lack of motivation after Rosario means he is a very very good fighter, but he missed the great fighter level.

Jel likes this.
  13. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Mancini, Duran, Leonard were all $$ fights when the participants were past it.

Rosario ruined Hector.

14. Saintpat

Jun 26, 2009
    That was kind of my point: if you knew as much about guys in the 1920-50s and where they were at the time some of them got beat (a lot of up-and-down guys), the wins may not look any more impressive than some of Camacho’s do it us now.

But Camacho by your account was past it and he still beat a lot of guys, and not just over-the-hill-gang types, post-Rosario.

I admire a lot about Hector: he never shied away from fighting anyone and when he took fights against the likes of Chavez and Trinidad who were too much for him, he took his beatings like a man and never looked for an easy way out.

ETM likes this.
  15. Titan1

Titan1 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Duran, Leonard, and Davis would have beat Hector in their prime, as good as he was.