It's official. Benn vs Eubank October 8th in London

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Scott Cork, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Snails

Snails Active Member Full Member

May 26, 2021
    This is a major step up for Benn and should be applauded despite the weight draining shenanigans.

2. Johnny1987

Johnny1987 Active Member Full Member

Sep 20, 2019
    Eubank doesn’t really use his power anymore, he thinks he is the second coming of RJJ since switching to him as a trainer. That would be the wrong way to fight Benn. He needs to just go in there use his weight advantage and blast him out. Benn is too small to be fighting this fight. Just goes to show that Benn cant get a meaningful title fight, he needs to go over to America and lay down his claim. Not go into a fight with a bigger, stronger and more skilled fighter. Career suicide

3. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Two of the biggest dick heads in boxing so either getting KO'd would be funny
    If Eubank can make the weight safely he should stop Benn anywhere after 6 rounds IMO

ipitythefool likes this.
  4. BoxingIQ

BoxingIQ Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Will this fight do better than Crawford and Spence?

5. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Also shows that Hearn didn't learn anything from putting Brook in with GGG. Not saying Eubank is anywhere near as dangerous as GGG but weight classes exist for a reason.

6. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Fair play to Eubank. He's the biggest conman in boxing. He puts in the work but his mouth writes cheques his talent can't cash. He's lost to both world level opponents he has faced, has been banging on about fighting GGG for years and is now fighting a welterweight. This is a money making venture for both men but Eubank will spin this as if it's a dangerous fight. I don't begrudge them making money but Eubank is so disingenuous and spouts so much bollocks that I can't take him seriously when he says he wants elite level competition.

Mickc and Col Mortimer like this.
  7. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    I don't like when they talk more about their dads, then the guys who are actually fighting.

kirk likes this.
  8. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    You know, I am a massive, massive fan of the original rivalry... and I want to love this match-upI..

But.... this is just absurd.

How did anyone in the Benn camp actually allow this fight to take place.

Benn really needs money this badly that he's going to sell out to take a loss to Eubank in such a high profile grudge match?

When he has plenty of time to keep forging ahead and building piece by piece at his own weight?

This just makes no sense beyond being paid to take an L for Benn.

I'd understand if he would have reached his peak already and maybe had a loss or two... OK take a cash out moneygrab fight like this for an L.

But he's still on the come up.

I don't get it.

9. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Allow me, friend.

Benn isn't a serious contender at welter, and he knows it. His 'confidence' is a promotional shuck. Consider that Mr. Anyone Can Get It, I Ain't Really Fussed immediately moved to make friends with David Avanesyan, a rival who'd already registered his interest in fighting him, after the Russo-Armenian crushed the guy Benn was planning to share a domestic moneyspinner with. That's fringe contender David Avanesyan, not a rising blue-chip Vergil Ortiz or Jaron Ennis.

Benn is quite aware that he isn't the future at 147. This is a way for him to get the bag before the inevitable occurs for relative peanuts at welterweight. The guy is an abject fraud.

moydjayweather, kirk, uranage and 3 others like this.
  10. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    There's nothing to get. It's a bad fight.

11. MrBarry465

MrBarry465 Active Member Full Member

Jun 17, 2021
    No it isn't.

12. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    Pffft.... The Americans still dismissed Benn after he went to their shores and smashed De Witt and Barkley to bits. They further disrespected him, claiming that McClellan would KO him in the 1st round. That didn't quite go to plan either. Benn was a former squaddie with true fighting man instincts which anyone should have got on board with.

You could argue the fight between the Jnrs. is a bit of a freak show but, both of them have got just enough of their fathers genes to make it at least entertaining and isn't that ultimately what the sport is all about? If I was in their shoes, it would be the only fight to make, they'll be able to live large on the proceeds for a very long time and I say fair play to them.

SergioJ91 likes this.
  13. Austinboxing

Austinboxing British Boxing fan Full Member

Jul 8, 2021
    What weight class.

14. Keldan

Keldan Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I feel like Benn is still gaining experience and this fight should not be happening. If they were similar in size then I'd be excited. This feels like when Brook fought Golovkin.

Greg Price99 likes this.
  15. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Let’s remember that Eubank Jr defeated a James DeGale who was the reigning WBC Super Middleweight champion. Benn asked for it so all I can say is watch what you wish for. I think this is highly irresponsible by Matchroom.