ITV PPV commentary team

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Octolony shore, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    This content is protected

Ronald mcintosh and Ritchie woodhall. Are they the best itv can get? Who should they get in future?

2. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Woodhall is the best UK boxing pundit around. May not sensationalise like some of the donkeys on sky but he knows what he's talking about. He's a genuine boxing man who knows the sport at all levels.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  3. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I loved their sketch. British humor is so sophisticated, I think they make a great comedy team.

Oh... commentary, not comedy...

4. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    This content is protected

He had the ryder fight level after 11 rounds, explain that.

Robney and CutThroatFade like this.
  5. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I will probably get shot for saying this, but I'm not that keen on Woodhall as a commentator.

6. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Farrar and Bernstein is the best commentary team since Ian Darke left Sky and McCory decided to do Shakespeare.

Andy Clarke would be decent and so would Bernard Dunne. Depends how much ITV are willing to chase and/or pay.

7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    R Mac has to go, his voice is amateur. Doesn't suit PPV. Compare it to Stone Cold Adam Smith's raspy, grand vocals and it's no contest.

Woodhall's scorecard in Etches-Ryder was diabolical. I was disappointed they didn't use Ward for commentary because he is very articulate.

8. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    I honestly thought that Woodhall would remain impartial and call fights as he seen them, but he was clearly reading the script like the rest of the sheep on Saturday night.