ITV ppv

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by ImBetterThanJoe, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camaris

Camaris Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I think it will sell well enough. ITV will refine things for the next time, no doubt, so as long as it wipes its own face then I'm sure that is the aim.

No direct jab at you... but I think some people are completely unrealistic when it comes to all this. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy, but clearly the PPV model is necessary for all involved to pick up what it takes in order for them to perform.

2. Camaris

Jul 11, 2012
    What's your address, I will send you 4 pounds and cover 50% of your costs.

3. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Thats the thing. Its not the money it's the fact i'd rather watch something else that i normally on catch on iplayer over it.

4. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Wow just seen that Quinlan's purse is only 44k, for a PPV fight that is shocking. He's been had by the Eubanks!

5. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    It's not the money. The fight simply isn't targeted at anyone who visits boxing forums. The Eubanks have made that clear enough.

Jurgen and N17 like this.
  6. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm not even bothering, the main event is a complete joke, it's that bad I wouldn't even watch this if it was free to air. I'm being serious.

I can't wait to see these numbers, I don't know anybody who is buying it and some people I know will buy any old rubbish.

I'm not digging them out, I bought Haye Vs Harrison and that was a joke and I knew all the way along it was a joke but I still bought it but this is far worse than that in my opinion.

destruction likes this.
  7. Camaris

Jul 11, 2012
    I know loads of people who have bought this or plan on doing so.

8. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    I know load of mugs who usually buy Sky PPV - the penny has dropped for virtually all of them as only 2 buying this PPV.

9. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Still amazed that anybody thinks an IBO title is a PPV. I have mild interest in this fight at best. Likewise Price Hammer.

10. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Skewer Itv and the £ubanks by not paying for this insult of a PPV, and instead watching it for free via stream or VPN video.

That is the ultimate F-You to the £ubanks and this insult.

11. Gannicus

Gannicus 2014 Poster of the Year Full Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Whoever buys this fight is disgracing boxing.

12. Camaris

Jul 11, 2012
    rubbish

S.K likes this.
  13. Windrunner07

Windrunner07 Active Member Full Member

Jun 14, 2015
    I thought the undercard was on itv4? Has this changed ??

14. Gannicus

Gannicus 2014 Poster of the Year Full Member

Mar 4, 2014
    I'm ashamed you can't see it. You're validating:
    1. Excessive monetisation and exploitation of boxing & its fans
    2. The model of boxers avoiding the biggest challenges, now to an excessive degree.
    3. IBO's self-advertisement as another 'world title'. We have WBA Super, WBA Regular, WBO, WBC, IBF and now IBO.

You're a part of the problem.

15. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    I thought i could make a difference by not buying the Brook - Gavin and AJ - Whyte PPVs. Its naive for anybody to think they can alter the buy rate. PPV shows have just come on stronger and stronger in the last few years.
    Boxing is huge now in this country. The biggest and most popular its been in a long time. The casuals will decide the future , not hardcores on forums and there is a massive appetite from casuals around now.

I don't want to buy this but i also want to watch a night of boxing so what choice do i have..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.