Ive got a feeling BJS is getting KTFO against Lemieux

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by im sparticus, Dec 13, 2017.

1. STEPHEN1990

STEPHEN1990 Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 22, 2017
    I picked against him because there was always something missing but against lemiuex Saunders has finally put it all together

2. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    I just typed in 'best boxers of all time' into google. It showed images of many of the greats. The usual names were there until I came across Anthony Joshua, where I sighed and shrugged but understood why he would be on it. I swiped along a little further and near the end it had David Lemieux...... Lol wtf??!

3. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Yeah, right...
    I want my crow served rare, with some mushroom sauce and a lemon at the side please.

lepinthehood, matt007 and Twentyman like this.
  4. Scyson

Scyson Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 14, 2017
    I thought it was far from boring. The Munroe fight was terrible. This was amazing, a proper boxing masterclass and I don’t really like BJS.

delboy82 likes this.
  5. delboy82

delboy82 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 18, 2014
    I really enjoyed it. I thought it was a great watch. His fluidity and composure in the fight was first class. It was not a running session, it was a perfect example of engaging and disengaging when it suited you best. I thought he would win it but no way did I imagine it would be a complete schooling and shut out.

6. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Haha, you’ve shown your class by posting that, mate.

7. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Yes i have to agree it was far from boring, before the fight i just envisaged it to be like the Eubank Rochigiani fight.
    The result i put out was right though.

8. mrj2020

mrj2020 New Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2009
    I had doubts on if he would go to Canada and get past Lemieux considering some of his fights the last few years, but boy did he prove people wrong. A Performance that showed his olympian caliber and why he's world champion. There is a lot of big fights to be made and i cant wait.

9. Scyson

Oct 14, 2017
    Great victory but I can’t beleive they’ve just held a homecoming press conference for it.

It’s like Chelsea doing an open top bus parade if they win league cup

10. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Agreed it was a bit ridiculous, but at the same time it was good to hear what the plan is going into 2018. It wouldn't surprise me if they offer the next fight to Martin Murray as Dom let slip thay he was be on considered before the Lemieux. Murray is basically a journeyman now but still a decent name in the interim.

Poor old Frank looks run down sorting all these fights- hope he has a nice break over Xmas and January.

11. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I really like Martin Murray and have always defended him on here, but I think BJS needs genuinely dangerous fights to keep him sharp and motivated. Murray is a skilful fighter but his best days are behind him and he poses little KO threat. He also doesn’t throw enough and he’ll be even more reluctant cos he knows he’d be made to pay when he misses. It’s a 12 round shut out.

Scyson likes this.
  12. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    yeah, I'm not really a fan of the Murray fight, but I would accept it. I agree about the motivational part but lets be honest - Billy is 1 fight away from a potential fight with the GGG-Canelo winner which would be life changing money especially if its Canelo so IMO there is no way that they will risk that by going in with a danger man as a voluntary defence straight after already facing one in Lemeiux.

If not Murray, I think Conrad Cummings may get the call with the MTK link.

Twentyman likes this.
  13. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    I would like to see DeGale vs Murray next

Twentyman likes this.
  14. Twentyman

Apr 20, 2016
    I do agree ordinarily mate. I just think with Billy, he rises or sinks to the challenge depending on the threat. He’s in his prime now, he has a few fights left. I’m not convinced he’ll go beyond 32-33. As soon has he feels that his performance is dipping, he’ll retire. So he needs these perceived dangerous fights.

Scyson likes this.
  15. Scyson

Oct 14, 2017
    Agree with the first part. I think the worst thing that BJS could do is face Murray. All that praise and pole position he’s just won for the Lemieux fight will be gone. He will probably win a 12 round shut out but fight his way out of fighting he big two. He needs better opponents to perform well.

Twentyman likes this.