Izu Ugonoh: Poland's Last Heavyweight Hope

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by jdoro63, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Born in Szczecin, West Pomerania Poland. He is a Polish national.

KiwiMan, S.K and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Let's avoid this meaningless debate(has no place on a boxing forum) and focus on what he brings to the division! Dudes incredibly exciting.... Feed him a couple of Charrs, Tepers and Lepais and he's back in the mix again.

Badbot likes this.
  3. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
    Yep - he needs a bunch of "second tier" fights

I rate the guy

4. trinibbq

trinibbq New Member Full Member

Sep 19, 2017
    Well we know one thing, he's had better opponents at 17-1 than Beyonce Wilder

5. Farmboxer

Farmboxer VIP Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    As far as Poland goes I like Kownowski...................

UnleashtheFURY and Odins beard like this.
  6. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Izu is exciting but extremely flawed heavyweight who imo isn't top 10 material and Kownacki is better.

7. jdoro63

jdoro63 Member Full Member

Aug 11, 2015
    *Adam Kownacki ;). Hmmm, I wouldn't go so far as to say that, unfortunately. Kownacki beat Szpilka mainly because "The Pin" underestimated Adam and behaved like a clown leading up to the fight (much like he behaves all the time – just look at Szpilka's social media content such as his Facebook account). That said, it's easy to get fooled by Kownacki's victory over Szpilka and believe the former can make noise in the division. Szpilka should have won that contest in under six rounds. But his poor mentality in boxing has pushed him downhill. In general, Kownacki isn't too good – flabby and not seriously regarded. Keep in mind he's been a pro since 2009 and aside from stopping "The Pin" (which really isn't that big if you look at it) is yet to make a dent in the division. I'm not trying to take anything away from "Babyface," he was a standout amateur and I will root for him every time he fights, but the general consensus is that he will not go far.

8. jdoro63

jdoro63 Member Full Member

Aug 11, 2015
    There has not been an official date yet but he should be back real soon. My gut tells me he’ll probably be pitted in another crossroads fight and I suspect his opponent will be Andy Ruiz Jr. Although, he very well could face Charles Martin or someone similar. I don’t think they’ll stick Izu in the ring for easy wins to build up a winning streak at this point. Those days are over. It got real against Breazeale, and now they have to keep it that way. Fighting anything less than Breazeale would be taking a step back. Age isn’t his friend right now either (in a boxing sense). Izu has the one-punch KO power, and once he faces a opponent not as tough and rugged as Breazeale, he will win.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  9. Kiwi_in_America

Kiwi_in_America The Tuaminator Full Member

Oct 19, 2006
  10. GGGunbeatable

GGGunbeatable Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Izu's new trainer is Jonathan Banks, Wladimir's former trainer.

11. pernellaaron

pernellaaron Active Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Very interesting. If he could adopt a more safety first style, with his size and power he could be dangerous. Breazale showed he has a lot of holes to sure up.

12. GGGunbeatable

GGGunbeatable Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Lots of Polish fighters needed to find a new trainer due to the death of Andrzej Gmitruk.

Sulecki's trainer is the wolf Piotr Wilczewski. Szpilka went to to Spain to train with Roman Anuchin.

13. Fawlty Powers

Fawlty Powers New Member banned Full Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Wow this racial trolling all looks very stupid now ^

A ethnic Polish novice who looks like he only took up boxing a year ago, just beat the flying **** out of him easily! Imagine what Kownacki would do to him!

btw Nigeria have only ever had one heavyweight champ themselves! And they have a far higher population!