J Rock a boxer you can support!

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by lepinthehood, May 12, 2019.

1. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Fought a great fight, punch perfect performance. Held off the pressure all night landed some huge left hooks and smashed Hurd's torso. Did not tire, did no wilt. He has set up the game plan to beat Hurd now, Hurd will have to learn some brand new tricks, he has alot more power and strength then past prime trout and lara, who tagged Hurd constantly but couldn't budge him. It showed the bully got bullied and outclassed. I think I gave Hurd 3-4 rounds, and none of them were very clear.
    I loved the emotion afterwards, what a great guy and his trainer was brilliant aswell, real genuine emotion is what boxing should be, he said "don't condemn a boxer after a loss" and that's what we all do on here. He's now the unified Light middle weight champion, even if charlo has his number it doesn't matter because he can say for that period he was the Boss. It's done the weight division a good turn, I though it was a weak pointless weight class because no one was taking the bull my the horns! Well JRock just did that quite literally.

You got a brand new fan Julian, Congrats to the new......!

2. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    Also Hurd was gracious in defeat aswell, so fair play to him, he couldnt have any complaints.

Rock0052, Robney, DJN16 and 8 others like this.
  3. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    Fantastic performance and anyone whose heart wasn't won by his performance in the ring should've come onside after watching his reaction and interview afterward.

By the final bell I thought that he'd put it past even the dodgiest judging but there was still relief when the cards came through.

Robney, BoxingPurest, juppity and 3 others like this.
  4. blackbolt396

blackbolt396 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 13, 2012
    This is what the sport is about , overcome your setbacks and stay classy, I tip my hat to both he made me a J-Rock fan.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Robney, BoxingPurest, juppity and 8 others like this.
  5. marting

marting Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Williams went into the depths of despair after the Charlo loss and overcame adversity, quit reading the insults on twitter, and did the work to become a better fighter. The skills were there. He re-crafted himself. It's almost like the loss made him more humble but at the same time he developed more belief in himself. True, sustaining belief. That's a great story in itself.

juppity, dcb154, Serge and 7 others like this.
  6. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    Love it! he also got a new strength and conditioning coach, i reckon that did him wonders, beforehand he may of gassed to hurds pressure.

Serge and RacingBeat like this.
  7. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    J-Rock is one of the legitimate good guys of the sport. Hard not to root for him.

rodney, dcb154, Serge and 1 other person like this.
  8. Skins

Skins Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Brilliant performance by J-Rock. Beautiful combination punching all night, was just strafing Hurd at some points. Beat the bigger fighter inside all night too. I had been getting a little bored with the fight game recently and this reminded me how good it could still be. This was not a fight for some cheese belt either, Hurd was an undefeated, well respected unified champion. Probably the biggest win for a philly fighter since Hopkins over Trididad. Way to go J-Rock!:campeon:

Serge likes this.
  9. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    WTG J-Rock great performance Champ Kudos to Hurd for being a class act in defeat. Also a big sigh of relief when the cards came in after the debacle where Korobov was robbed AGAIN!! I feared the worst WTG judges

DJN16 and Serge like this.
  10. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Hurd was proven but it was a matter of time before a good enough boxer would out box him

Serge likes this.
  11. Xplosive

Xplosive Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 23, 2008
    And one of the first things J-Rock does in the post-fight interview is give a shout out Hurd's mom for mother's day.One of the classiest fighters in the sport.

And... now next... we get to watch the most classLESS fighter in the sport, the Alabama windmill.

lepinthehood, J Jones and Serge like this.
  12. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    both of us j rock won me over good fights all around yesterday

Serge likes this.
  13. granth

granth Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    I find boxers in general to be classier than most boxing fans.

kirk and Serge like this.
  14. Rilz

Rilz Ball don't lie! Full Member

Aug 5, 2007
    I agree. He can find a new fan in me after that fight. I went in to it just wanting to see a good fight and not caring who won. Halfway through I was waking up the neighbors rooting for J Rock. Great performance, classy interview, this is what boxing needs more of.

DJN16, kirk and Serge like this.
  15. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    What about his tattoos bro?