Jack Dempsey vs. Anthony Joshua

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by reznick, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Longhhorn71

Longhhorn71 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    The first time prime Dempsey puts his famous "right to the heart, left hook to the jaw" on Joshua, we will find out how good Joshua really is.

2. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Oh he's good. How good remains to be seen.

reznick likes this.
  3. reznick

reznick In the 7.2% Full Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Joshua is already an ATG in my eyes

https://streamable.com/w75kw

He could get hit by a bus tomorrow (God forbid) and would go down as a phenom upstart.

4. toxedo911

toxedo911 Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Sometimes I come to classics to check if guys are trolling,

I have seen footage of Dempsey, for his time, Yes he is an ATG, but Carl Lewis aint better than Hussaine Bolt.

The Roman Empire was a beauty, but The British Empire dwarefed little Rome.

Guys things evolve and Progress. Demspey all the way to Holyfield would struggle with these new heavyweight beast.

From Jack Johnson to Lennox Lewis, boxing has taken their attributes and added it to the new fighters.

Watch when the Maywether heavies come out the wood works. or the Lomochenko middles in the future.

Boxing is evolving, old skill being redeveloped and refined. the shoulder roll, the cross face guard. the check hook, the pull counter.The use of angles by pac.

Guys time marches on is, and legends remain legends, Demsey is like 6'0 , Marciano would kill him,lets not even bring up these guys.........Have you seen Dempsey fight, I can see what he brought to the game. but much of the stuff he done like Jack Johnson had to be left behind,

Fighting like jack johnson or dempsey today would get you murdered.

GALVATRON likes this.
  5. kingfisher3

kingfisher3 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2011
    usain bolt actually proved he is better than lewis.

the british empire actually got bigger than rome.

Joshua beat Dillan whyte.

potential is great, pretty much every post here says Joshua could be great, but he isn't yet.

6. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    In 1924 when the first Ring ratings came out,the number ones in the top 5 divisions were :
    Heavy Dempsey
    LHeavy Tunney
    Middle Greb
    Welter Walker
    Lightweight Leonard

Are you suggesting these men could not hold their own today? Because if you are ,I 'd say it's you who is trolling!