Jack Dempsey Vs Iron Mike

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by swagdelfadeel, Sep 8, 2014.

1. swagdelfadeel

swagdelfadeel Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 30, 2014
    I dont think this fight is as clear cut as that. Anytime you put two quick, hard-hitting explosive fighters in the ring together, I'll pick the one who has the most heart, toughness, and willingness( and this goes to Dempsey.)
    People tend to forget Dempsey had middleweight speed. Other boxers, sports writers etc. could fill a book about Jack's speed. Dempsey was also very explosive. Dont get me wrong, i'm not saying Tyson wasnt quick, because he was. I'm saying so was Dempsey. Tyson may have a very slight lead in speed(?), but Jack had the faster feet.So in the speed department their close in being equal.
    As far as power, both these guy's could bang and had brutal power in their punches. So, pretty even in the power department also.
    Now, as far as chins go, Jack's is legendary, described as having a granite chin. In the Firpo bout, Luis had murderous power in his blows. One writer described Firpo as having "George Foreman like" power. And yet Firpo couldnt dent Jacks granite chin. (And this was when the gloves were lighter and thinner!) And Mike Tysons legendary chin-? Jack had the chin to Mike's shots, but did Tyson have the chin to take Jack's ?
    Also, Mike at times displayed stamina problems, Dempsey did not. So with Jack's better chin and stamina, I see him having the better edge in a slug fest.
    When Mike was hurt (And Jack WOULD hurt him.) Tyson would slowly start to fall apart at the seams. When Jack was hurt you had a wounded lion ready to maime and kill on your hands.
    If Mike dropped Jack (And there's a good chance of it.) Dempsey would be back up. I think this could be a big discouragement for Tyson, seeing a man dropped with one of his big shots, and that man (Dempsey) right back up with intensity, ferocity and killer-instinct, and brutally hurting him in return. This could be a mental negative for Tyson. Jack has the advantage in this killer-instinct and huge will to win.
    So one could as easily say, take away (Or down several notches.) Jack Dempsey's stamina, chin, and do or die attutide and you have Mike Tyson.
    I'll take Jack by KO in the 8th.

2. Warwick Hunt

Warwick Hunt Active Member Full Member

Aug 27, 2014
    Sorry but I think Tyson has Dempsey out of there inside 3 rounds,and I'm a fan of Jack.

3. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Sorry, I couldn't stop laughing after reading this.

Which writer was this? A contemporary perhaps?

White Bomber likes this.
  4. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    I love swagfedeels threads, theyre like an unflushed toilet

Always full of ****.

Tyson disposes of Dempsey very quickly

5. Azzer85

Mar 13, 2010
    someone whose probably never even seen Firpo fight......or Foreman for that matter!

maybe he read about Firpo somewhere?

White Bomber and moneytheman12 like this.
  6. Azzer85

Mar 13, 2010
    :lol:

7. TheSouthpaw

TheSouthpaw Champion Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Dempsey doesnt see the 2nd minute of the first round...period!!!

White Bomber and moneytheman12 like this.
  8. mr. magoo

mr. magoo VIP Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Mike Tyson KO early Jack Dempsey.

9. burt bienstock

burt bienstock Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 22, 2010
    To all the above=
    "Oh Ye of Little Faith" !...:-(

The Morlocks likes this.
  10. Azzer85

Mar 13, 2010
    Burt we do have faith.

'In Tyson We Trust'

White Bomber likes this.
  11. Azzer85

Mar 13, 2010
    really? I couldn't have guessed

12. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    This inadequate always has to resort to insults, usually homophobic in allusion. I think he has an anal obsession.

13. Azzer85

Mar 13, 2010
    hes a child and/or an alt. Maybe with that other idiot Southpaw

14. robert ungurean

robert ungurean Богдан Philadelphia Full Member

Jun 9, 2007
    Anyone who thinks Tyson just walks through Dempsey is outta there mind. This is a Pick em fight for me.

RockyJim and The Morlocks like this.