Jack Dempsey vs rocky marciano

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Mr Butt, Jul 19, 2015.

1. SuzieQ49

SuzieQ49 Officer Full Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Look at there common opponents..ketchell did MUCH better. He also proved himself the much bigger puncher as well when you look at common opposition

I like ketchel over burns by knockout

My point is burns is nowhere near as good as your stating.

2. SuzieQ49

SuzieQ49 Officer Full Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Burns was not great at anything. His resume below average. i do love watching him get manhandled Like a doll by Jonhnson on film

"See ya later mister Tommy".

3. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Here we have the Classicist specimen in his native environment, harkening back to long lost fighters (and the wrong ones) to strengthen a case that can not be constructed out of anything but imagination and delusion.

By the way... Tommy Burns was a better infighter than Jack Johnson and Rid**** Bowe? Was he even better than Jim Braddock? Or Frans Botha?

4. Grapefruit

Grapefruit Active Member Full Member

Dec 19, 2017
    Be surrised if it went passed 4 rounds considering how aggessive they both were, I'd say Dempsey t.k.o within 4 rounds, he Had better power, footwork and handspeed, plus he's bigger with 6 inches of reach meaning hes hitting maeciano first. Marciano might have had a slightly better chin but dempsey could take a punch, I think what would be most interesting about this would be seeing how rocky fairs while getting backed up

5. Combatesdeboxeo_

Combatesdeboxeo_ Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 19, 2016
    Dempsey was a faster starter and better finisher i have no doubt that if an old small archie moore knocked down marciano then Dempsey could stop him before marciano got the chance to show his abilites