Jack Dempsey vs. Wladimir Klitschko

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by djanders, Apr 27, 2010.

1. PowerPuncher

PowerPuncher VIP Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Wlad doesn't have the greatest inside game BUT his ability to grab/wrestle, his short left hook and his high guard mean he is hard to beat up on the inside

The last time I remember him fighting inside/mid range was this fight after he rallied back from a KD against a big puncher

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDGLOfbKleE&feature=related[/ame]

The fact Dempsey can't get past a jab though, means Wlad's inside game becomes pretty irrelevant because he'll control Dempsey with the jab and right anyway. If Dempsey lunges in like he did with Willard/Firpo he gets ko'd as he did against Flyn

2. Ponysmallhorse

Ponysmallhorse Small but proud Full Member

Mar 4, 2009
    He was Down but never out. His two losses was due to stamina and one for lack of defensive skills in early stage of his career. He was merely untouchable in many of his fights. Not many champions can say that. He has great footwork. It aloes him to track distance at all time.

3. Stonehands89

Stonehands89 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 12, 2005
    This post is among the most classless on any Classic thread. Burt deserves nothing but respect; you deserve to have your fingers broken.

You should apologize.

4. SuzieQ49

SuzieQ49 Officer Full Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Who will it take in your eyes for Wlad to be able to prove himself against?

5. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Meh... he has some good points. I do love Burt's story's. They are treasures. But that does not mean he is beyond reproach.

6. Stonehands89

Dec 12, 2005
    Beyond reproach? Who the hell is? Good points?! Power puncher is more immune to good points than damn near any poster out here.

Calling a man who is a living history book a "nuthugger" is way out of line.

7. Stonehands89

Dec 12, 2005
    I'm unimpressed with the whole division. Particularly the Americans. And Wlad has proved himself as the premiere HW of this time.

8. Seamus

Seamus Proud Kulak Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    i didn't think anyone needed nurse protectors here. if the shoe fits, then it walks like a duck.

9. Stonehands89

Dec 12, 2005
    Burt doesn't need me; but if someone deserves to have a shoe thrown at them, then I'm good for it. Duck soup.

10. SuzieQ49

SuzieQ49 Officer Full Member

Sep 14, 2005
    That's a grandpa joke! :lol:

11. burt bienstock

burt bienstock Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Stonehand, this coming from you, I am truly touched..Thank you.
    I have seen so much of boxing from the age of ten years old when i lived next door to a trainer of John Henry Lewis for several years .He gave me so much boxing lore every night, along with John Henry's stablemates.
    He made me spar with these tough pros night after night ..Through him and my dad who lived not far from Benny Leonard,as a youth on the East Side I developed a love for boxing and it's great history ..
    But I do get upset when some posters ignore the great fighters of the past,and some say I am biased for the past..No, I respoect the vast consensus of the great boxing writers who extolled Dempsey universally,when he was in his prime,as did J H Lewis's trainer so long ago.
    I defend Jack Dempsey greatness though except for a film hand cranked
    fighting Willard in 1919,have never seen him in his prime, but beleve
    what al those great boxing writers ala Igoe, Runyon, Tad Dorgan,Edgren
    Ray Arcel, Nat Fleischer etc,said of the Manassa Mauler.
    Yes maybe ignorance is bliss..Thanks again Stonehanbds...b.b.

12. burt bienstock

Jan 22, 2010
    You sure are classy...

13. PowerPuncher

Jul 22, 2004
    Nice to see your personal vendetta is still strong, Burt attacked me in the first place with the same insult I came back at him with, if you bothered to read. Which you probably did and ignored like the hypocrite you naturally are. His points like your own are without substance, hence I see why you hold him close, birds of a feather. You're the biggest tool on the Classic, and your post was yet again more biased fluff without the basic understanding of boxing

Why do you post these long winded rants and not manage to get the basic boxing foundamentals? We've seen when you attempt to analyse a contemporary match up your invariably wrong.

You know nothing of boxing stoney, you're all waffle, nothing but a hack and thats why you haven't got the knowledge to talk boxing with me

14. burt bienstock

Jan 22, 2010
    Yes I and all the boxing writers of the PAST ,who were their during
    boxing's glorious past,who SAW Dempsey, Langford, Greb, Wills, etc
    in the flesh,somehow know less than an omniscient person like you,ninety years later...We might as well burn the boxing books and articles our
    illustrious ancestors wrote about the great fighters of yesterday.After all
    YOU know best...Rubbish!!
    What Stonehand [by far our best poster] writes is beyond your power
    to deceminate I believe..Now let us all get BACK to boxing!!

15. PowerPuncher

Jul 22, 2004
    Burty firstly maybe your senility is giving you a problem figuring out, which post is replying to you, or is it the first post went over your head, have you goto the age were your brain is not fully functioning? Let me help you out if you actually are sincere and want to get back to talking about boxing:

But you just ignored my post about boxing after attacking me in the first place and then only coming back to lick Stonehands ass, its because both your points are worthless

And no I don't believe everything I read, I learnt not to at an early age, I believe my own eyes over an argument an unqualified writer puts to paper. Most of the writer's of the past wouldn't have properly studied Wills anyway.

What of Johnson's opinion of Dempsey? That certainly wasn't complimentary. Yes I'd take Johnson's opinion over a writer who hasn't boxed

BTW Your best buddy in the world only came to your defense after I owned him on the boxing analysis at hand. He had no comeback so he resorted to diverting the subject. Stoney is a joke I've owned time and again on this forum