Jack Johnson's Aborted Two Tries At Defending HIs Title Against Jeannette

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mcvey, Sep 5, 2020.

1. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Nearly 11 pm here in the UK ,Thursday night and no answer to my inquiry from Mendoza. As expected!

2. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Friday now Mendoza, are you going to produce a verified offer of $30,000 that Johnson refused, to fight either Jeannette,McVey,or Langford?
    Fifth time of asking now. If one is not forthcoming over the week end, let's see no more lying posts from you about "Johnson could have fought them all over the world,"" there were offers from several promoters of $60,000,-$100,000."
    You're avoiding this ,and on your own thread , and have been doing so all week . So let's have no more BULL **** from you on the subject'
    Mr Hater!

3. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I stopped following this thread when you ducked out of everything.

@ mcvey, your an idiot.
    This content is protected
    Lots of offers were out there to fight Langford, Jeannette and Mcvey, yet not one of them worked out. This includes offers in Australia by HD McIntosh, the man who promoted Johnson vs Burns. Do you really believe that Johnson was that unlucky, or can you see he never wanted these fights in the first place, perfering Fireman Flynn or Tony Ross types! Johnson already backed out of a signed contract to fight Langford. His word, like yours means nothing at all. His own manager said this.

The London Bridge is for sale. Before buying it, be sure to jump off from the top to test the waters.

Spraying the board with some unrelated facts is your way of saving face. Hint hint, you have none left.

The facts are Johnson was an all-time ducker and had one of the worst title runs in history ( We all agree here on that ) , not only ducking the best out there but by getting exposed by Ketchel ( Down and hurt ). Also being exposed in two draws one of which he would have been knocked out had it been longer than 10 rounds, the other a much smaller man 40 pounds less, outboxed him according to primary sources. There's also Gunboat Smith, a novice who TKO'd him in his prime in 1909. Then, of course, Johnson lies about the Willard fight, saying it was a fix. All of the above are facts, Tony. Spamming unrelated stuff doesn't absolve the above.

It's so funny you don't understand the NYAC was never going to approve Dempsey vs. Willis.

Your two favorite heavyweight are all-time duckers.Both were Ko'd early and fought dirty. At least Dempsey didn't beat up women and the sick. That was Johnson's MO.

You honor nothing. You're a bet welsher. Fitz vs. Ruhlin was filmed. That was the bet. Not if it came out of can be viewed today, and no distinction of a re-make was talked about. It was filmed. You lose.

4. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    If an obstacle like that was placed in the way of a contemporary champion trying to make a fight, I doubt that anybody would blame the champion for the fight not going ahead.

5. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Tony, Tony, Tony...

The offer was reported by the press, lots of them. You're a moron. I proved it was in the press. It was there, do I need to show you the contract? I wish I can add to to the pile of facts your buried under, but such stuff was not saved to be viewed on the web. How about you show me something where Johnson says there was no money attached to it in print with a photo? Produce it, or you lie. I'll act like you do for the moment. Ready, set go!

Why couldn't Johnson fight Jeannette elsewhere? You never answered!

Why did Johnson back out of a signed contract to fight Sam Langford? DUCKER.

How many excuses have you given on this topic?!!! 100+

I gave you Jeannette's testimonial. He said and I quote, " When Jack became champion he forgot his own friends and drew the color line against this own people " OUCH. Read read that 2x

Johnson ducked many as champion, we all know it,. He fought weak title opponents and struggled during the process. We all know it. You stand alone in your stupidity if you think he didn't.

Maybe I should dig up a photo if there is one of how this clock work orange animal nearly beat his wife to death. Would ya like that one?

PS: You claimed to know the purse amount between Johnson and Johnson. You lie, its shameful. Post it here.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020
  6. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Are you saying that if a champion couldn't meet another fighter for racial reasons in his home country, the champion would not receive blame?

You might want to rethink that. It would be a total, utter disaster for that champion.

7. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    No primary source provided by you ,no date,no purse ,no promoter, no location.
    Just a repetitious load of lies,obfuscation,ducking ,and plain ****! I've provided Jeannettes quote from a verified newspaper.
    Here it is once again!

Jeannette:" I was devastated. I was so close to finally getting my shot. Now it wasn't Johnson stopping me it was the state Boxing commission, which through it's hatred of Johnson, was denying me my title shot."
    State Commissioner O'Neil stated: The Commission decided some time ago that Jack Johnson would not be permitted to fight here. We believe now and we did then, that the presence of Johnson in a ring contest in this state would be inimical to the best interests of boxing."

For once and for all . Stop with the lies ! For God's Sake. Try and carry yourself with a little dignity and honour !

8. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    Can you explain this to an old man please?
    Johnson signed to defend his title against Jeannette, in fact he did so twice The Boxing Comission vetoed the fight and threatened the promoters with suspension in their state [NY] if they pursued it.Both the Comission and the promoters made public statements to that effect.
    Johnson agreed to defend against both McVey and Langford in Australia in a two fight deal for Hugh McIntosh I have the details of the location the dates and the agreed purses and % of the movie rights.Johnson then skipped bail and became an exile,as a consequence McIntosh cancelled the fights and made a press statement explaining why.
    Are you now saying it was Johnson's fault those three title defences did not go ahead?

9. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    The purse Johnson received for the JimJohnson fight can be found in Ward's Unforgivable Blackness in Chapter 11, entitled The Fugitive ,on page 354.
    The film cameras for the Ruhlin v Fitz fight refused to start this is verified in Gilbert Odds biography of Fitzsimmons and confirmed by Adam Pollack and Steve Crompton. If the fight had been filmed why would a re-enactment have had to be been made 2 weeks later?

You have no shame, no honour,no honesty, and no guts,
    and the moral compass of a slime eel.

10. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    You did not answer my questions, the exact amount of the purse! You don't have it. You said you knew. Lair liar. I already showed you Fitz vs. Ruhlin was filmed. I never said the actual fight or re-creation, but it was filmed! Check IMBD, you moron!

What does Ward's Unforgivable Blackness say about the TKO loss Johnson had to Klondike? : ) I'lll help you out, he says Johnson QUIT like a DOG, lying down in the ring! Should I offer more quotes?

I already quoted Unforgivable Blackness on Johnson's ducking and linked it. DO you want to see it again?

"We eat cold eels and think distant thoughts." - Jack Johnson.

I waste time correcting you.

11. janitor

janitor VIP Member Full Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Yes but if the champion agreed to make the fight, and then the venue pulled it for those reasons, the blame would fall upon the venue.

mcvey likes this.
  12. McGrain

McGrain Diamond Dog Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    Sure. No question there.

If a five year title reign passed without that fight getting remade though, the champion would be in the absolute ****.

Mendoza likes this.
  13. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Right. Johnson used the NY State commission to get out ( same as Jack Dempsey with Wills ) , why not change the venue?

14. mcvey

Jun 2, 2006
    The NY AC refused Dempsey a licence to fight Tunney because he had not defended against Wills.
    W"TF do you think the Tunney fights were not held in NY you moron!

15. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    YES, and the Tunney vs Demspey fight happened TWICE. ( Philadelphia and, Chicago ) outside of NY! Tunney actually wanted a 3rd fight Demspey refused.

My question you is why could not Johnson moved his fight to Jeannette to another city if NY won't have it?

Answer that question, if your capable of being honest. We know your not, just like Johnson who pulled out of signed contract to fight Langford in 1909!