Jack Johnson's Aborted Two Tries At Defending HIs Title Against Jeannette

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by mcvey, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Mendoza

Mendoza Hrgovic = Next Heavyweight champion of the world. banned Full Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Wlad avoided no one aside from his brother.

Questions. Who was his #1? And didn't he fight him in his prime?

Johnson avoided his #1, #2, #3, and #4 from 1909-1914. Wlad was 10X the champion, fighting many #1's, #2's and #3's

Boilermaker, could you imagine Wlad getting Ko'd by Choynski, Losing to Hart, getting knocked silly in an exhibition match by a novice, and being floored and hurt by Ketchel? Neither can I. Some of Johnson title opponents would not pass the smell test for Wlad.

2. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    Facts, Johnson had 24+ record fights under his belt and had been fighting since 1894. That's seven years as a boxer. Is that really green?

He was Ko'd, out cold by a slightly past his prime Choynski. Just imagine for a second if Wlad landed his hook! lol

Also do you have proof Johnson was 168 pounds or less ( super middleweight or are you just lying once again? Prove it. You'll run and never answer this question with a known weight.

You remain the biggest joke, lying about things, twisting unknown facts to suit you agenda. I'll be here to call you out when you do it.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  3. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Good one!

4. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    Johnson was 16 in1894, would you mind giving us the names of
    the opponents and the results of those fights that you have unearthed for Johnson.?

5. mcvey

mcvey VIP Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    PHOBIC!

dinovelvet likes this.
  6. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    He avoided the immediate rematch with Sanders. Apart from that duck there was nobody to avoid. The landscape was full of non-athletic B&C level plodders.

7. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    >>> Sanders fought Vitali next and lost. He did not fight at all in 2005, and came back shot in 2006. As champion, Wlad fought Sanders. There is no such thing as an immediate re-matches after a loss. The examples are too many to even list.

As Champion Johnson did not fight Jeannette, McVey, Smith, or Langford. For 5+ years. Did you know Johnson pulled out of a signed contract to fight Langford was champion?

8. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    I thought you said you had an excellent memory? We have been over this before. In 1894 Johnson won the Texas Middle Championship over John Lee in Galveston, Texas. He also beat a fighter named Dave Pierson in 1894.

9. Boilermaker

Boilermaker Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 6, 2004

Pretty Sure Vitali Klitchsko was Wlad's Number 1 for at least 5 years, although i suppose if you only considered Wlad as no 2 that might change things.

I dont know if i could imagine Wlad getting Ko D by Choynki, Losing to Hart, Floored and Hurt by Ketchell or knocked silly in an exhibition Match. Saying that, i certainly couldnt see Johnson getting stopped by KoD by Brewster, Losing to Purity, Hurt by Peter or Knocked silly in a World Title Match by Sanders. To be honest, it is hard to imagine Klitschko doing those things when i watch most of his and there other fights, but it happened.

10. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Lewis avenged Rahman in an immediate rematch. Joshua avenged Ruiz... Wtf are you talking about.. There's dozens of examples of guys avenging losses in an immediate rematch. . A mark of a grteat fighter is overturning a knockout loss in an immediate rematch.
    Wlad ran from the Sanders rematch after his cherry pick went wrong.

11. Boilermaker

Oct 6, 2004
    Was he 16 at this time?

Do you have reports?

Not disputing, just interested in it.

12. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    I didn't list his age, only that Jack Johnson of Galveston, Texas has recorded fights in 1894. Johnson was also a battle royal winner. Point being he had plenty of exercise when he fought Joe Choynski

13. Mendoza

Jun 29, 2007
    So in your mind when a champion losses he MUST re-match in the next fight? Just checking on your sanity here. A yes or no will do.

14. Boilermaker

Oct 6, 2004
    Off the top of my head, what about Jones Jr vs Michaeljeski. Or Jones Jr vs Toney for that matter. He beat him easy once but Toney had a pretty good record after this. Of Jones Jr vs Hopkins which took 17 years to make. Not too different than Johnson v McVey, Langford and Jeanette is it?

15. dinovelvet

Jul 21, 2012
    Wlad got destroyed by past prime Sanders and then avoided the rematch. You said Wlad avoided no one. That claim is false.