Jaime Aarón Munguía Escobedo vs. Gabriel Rosado & Alexis Rocha vs. Jeonvanis Barraza RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Nov 13, 2021.

1. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Oh... I can't wait. It will be glorious.:D

Bustajay, BCS8 and MidniteProwler like this.
  2. senpai

senpai Boxing Addict Full Member

May 18, 2021
    Will they make Munguia vs Andrade ? I don't think so.

Andrade will continue to fight brits. next will be Eggington.

3. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I fell asleep like a filthy dirty casual, I'm so disgusted with myself.. DISGUSTED.

ShovelHook, Fogger, Bustajay and 6 others like this.
  4. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    it would be an absolute barnburner. this kid can take some punishment, and he lets his hands go. if ggg ends it spectacularly hes back in the buzz. the fight would sell. if munguia wins its cause he improved again, got some more polishing. and if he doesnt win, but shows he belongs, he could get right back in the mix. hes still developing and will be learning at the highest levels in this fight.

5. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    GGG at 40 is still better than Rosado. Base on tonight's performance GGG beats him and probably by stoppage.

6. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I can't even look at myself in the mirror.. falling asleep, disgraceful.

What next? Not being aware fights are even on? Calling Oleksander Usyk .. Alexander Usyk? Claiming Campbell Hatton will be a world champion? Or Conor Benn is just like his Father? Saying things like "Johnny Nelson really knows his stuff"

I'm getting concerned, seriously concerned.

7. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Yeah. Make Munguia-Golovkin.. winner gets Canelo

sasto, drenlou and kirk like this.
  8. Eel87

Eel87 Active Member Full Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Rosado is all heart. I don't know how he went 12.

drenlou and kirk like this.
  9. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Mung was a heavy favorite for a reason.

Nobody worth listening to has ever called Rosado elite.

And the Jacob's fight was two years ago already.

Two years can be a long time in boxing, especially for a fighter like Gabe.

That being said... Gabe is a dangerous matchup for any up and comer, and Mung deserves credit for the win, imo, despite doing what he was overall expected to do.

I think he showed he's leveled up, dealing with an operator like Gabe in dominating fashion.

But again, Gabe is good, but he's a level or two below world class, regardless of the Jacob's performance.

Bring on the next level for Mung. Charlo or G. Awesome fights.

10. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    There were some people I respect here that were high on Rosado. Out of respect for them I will not mention them.

The Jacobs fight was a little under a year ago. Then he fought and KO Melukusiev in 3 a few months ago.

I think Munguia is flawed but I give him a good chance against a few top MW, including Derevyanchenko, and Jacobs. GGG and Charlo beat him imo.

kirk and CST80 like this.
  11. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    He Us a step or two above

Boxingfan2 likes this.
  12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    For the record, the Jacobs fight was 2 weeks shy of being one year ago, not two. He looked like a million bucks in that match, but that was against a stylistically completely different style than Munguia, who is nearing shot himself and the recipient of several dubious recent decisions as well. It was more of the KO of Melikuziev that got people's hopes up, including mine. But people need not get it twisted, no one really expected rosado to win on the cards, we were hoping he could duplicate that feat, and for the record he almost did a couple of times. He hurt Jaime far more than I've ever seen him hurt before on more than a few occasions. But at the end of the day it's still just Gabriel Rosado, who reverted back to fighting the way Rosado always fights.

ShovelHook, sasto, BCS8 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Still think it's to early but it's a good fight for both

kirk likes this.
  14. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Would love to see Munguia vs GGG. GGG should wreck him if he's still got something left.

15. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." banned Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    He's capable, and you'd be dumb to just look past him if he was your opponent and you had some status to protect, but anyone who ever described Gabe Rosado as an elite fighter is certifiable.

People like fighters for reasons (in Gabe's case, he's brave and a trier), they want to see them do well, that can lead to getting carried away. One of my earliest memories of boxing forums is of guys saying Mike Tyson could still unify the heavyweight division in 2005.

Rosado's only real shot to win tonight was if Munguía showed a big streak of female dog.

What I was saying is that I'm curious to see how Munguía, fortitudinally speaking, handles consistent reciprocal pressure from a legitimate championship guy, someone with similar durability to Rosado but with more offensive threat than Gabe is able to offer. Munguía didn't look to be relishing the action so much in certain spots of tonight's bout. It doesn't necessarily have to be Golovkin, but he would certainly fit the bill, assuming he's still on his game enough to navigate Murata.

sasto, CST80 and IsaL like this.