Jaime Aaron Munguía Escobedo vs. Taureano Dexter Johnson & Rashidi Ellis vs. Alexis Rocha RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Oct 30, 2020.

1. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Fair enough , there were close rnds. There wasnt any rnd where either guy dominated. Either could have been up a rnd by end if 5. I saw Munguia landing the more solid cleaner shots while you Saw differently .

2. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Yiur blind as **** if you thought Those were clear rnds.

3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    This content is protected

This content is protected

lepinthehood, Badbot and Serge like this.
  4. lirva

lirva Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I will be starting a series of threads which will be educating CST80 and f1ght3rz on the art of scoring a fight. This is not a dig at them, I am merely trying to educate posters so that they can improve. I will be focusing on the ins and outs of scoring and going into detail so I would advise CST80 and f1ght3rz to get a notetaking application where they can store notes from the class. The series will be starting shortly and I believe this education will really benefit the posters involved.

5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    And I will ban you for that.

6. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    That's Raiden from Big Trouble in Little China!

CST80 likes this.
  7. chino2dapiapimp

chino2dapiapimp WBC Fecarbox champ Full Member

Jun 30, 2008
    I had Mungia winning a clear yet competitive fight. People need to stop acting like the split lip was a Result from everything but Mungias hand.

lobk likes this.
  8. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    :lol:

Badbot, Bustajay and CST80 like this.
  9. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    :jaja-no:

FINALLY a PPV I want to watch. :icon_popcorn:

10. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Man, it's been over 2 years aince Munguia ran over Ali.
    Done **** all since then :lol:

11. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    I thought Munguia looked like the better man last night despite the fight being very competitive. Munguia landed the more telling blows to the head and body.

Also I think a rematch wouldn't be a bad idea because it was still early in the fight and who knows what would have happened. and deserves full credit for stopping Johnson.

We learned three things of Munguia last night. 1. He has the chin and pop to compete at MW. 2. Erik Morales seems to be doing a good job polishing Munguia. 3. Munguia need to continue working on his defensive skills.

lobk likes this.
  12. JacK Rauber

JacK Rauber Try not to offend, try harder not to be offended Full Member

Oct 20, 2013
    That has to be the worst lip cut I have ever seen. Did they determine whether it was from a punch?

Overall, for me, Munguia proved he is a tough guy. Johnson was hitting him solidly, often and Munguia took it in stride. Johnson, on the other hand, though a tough hombre, should not be in the ring any longer. He is now the sacrificial lamb. I'm not saying he can't beat most of the people placed in front of him but he is taking serious damage on an already seriously damaged body. He needs to get out now.

Munguia, though tough, rugged and young, when he runs into a real power puncher, he will be taken out (assuming his opponent has a modicum of defensive skills). He gets hit too cleanly. All the Johnson shots were bludgeoning, not the kind of punch that will knock a guy cold. A guy like GGG, even though nearly 40, would probably knock Munguia cold.

13. Philly161

Philly161 "Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless" banned Full Member

Oct 25, 2020
    I had it 4-2 mungia after 6. Yes he was getting hit but he was also usually taking those chopping rights with his chin tucked and rolling with some of them and countering off them. He did get buckled by one or two but in terms of effective shots I thought his uppercut was far more damaging and he was throwing some good combinations.

IsaL likes this.
  14. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I thought Munguia looked like the better man last night despite the fight being very competitive. Munguia landed the more telling blows to the head and body.

Also I think a rematch wouldn't be a bad idea because it was still early in the fight and who knows what would have happened. and deserves full credit for stopping Johnson.

We learned three things of Munguia last night. 1. He has the chin and pop to compete at MW. 2. Erik Morales seems to be doing a good job polishing Munguia. 3. Munguia need to continue working on his defensive skills.

15. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I saw that too. He also attacked the body well, but I felt he could have focused even more on the body.

Philly161 likes this.