Jaime Munguia vs Spike O'Sullivan is set for January 11th 2020

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, Nov 18, 2019.

1. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Posters on here seem to be writing spike off. Why? No shame getting kod by a lethal power puncher like lemieux. Also munguia really isn't that good. He's very green, raw and lacking basic skills. He is young so he might be improved since his last fight, but he has a lot of improving to do. Actually munguia is s guy I'd say is at real risk of becoming a boxing casualty. Already he has taken too many punches for my liking.

CST80 likes this.
  2. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I kinda like this fight, think it'll be fun. Spike is bang average but Munguia is moving up and is hardly an elite fighter himself

3. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Munguia isn't all that, but it's O'Sullivan we're talking about here. Other than upsetting that one prospect, he never beat anyone, and I was very surprised that so many favored him over Lemmy for some reason.
    He has a chance, but it isn't very good.

4. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    I remember this being a big local grudge match at the time.

POTUS likes this.
  5. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    The problem for spike is his opportunities seen to come at the wrong weight! Lemieux at 160 hugely outweighed him on the night and he was very unlucky to get hit so hard so early in a fight he could have won IMO. Then he moved back to his proper weight 154. Munguia is/was seriously weight drained at 154 and spikes chances would have been excellent at 154. But munguia will be much fresher and stronger at 160, and once again spike will be at a relative size disadvantage, this time against a young fresh opponent. That's not to say he won't win, just that I'd have fancied his chances a lot more at 154.

6. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    About a 5-1 underdog I'd say

7. ILikeBoxingForRealz

ILikeBoxingForRealz Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2018
    The prospect your referring is Antoine Douglas. It was a nice win for Spike. Douglas wasnt the same after. Or before for that matter, was only matter of time before he got caught. I had the pleasure tho of meeting Antoine bout 6 years ago. Real nice kid, had a photo with him, Ill find it and share

Robney likes this.
  8. phishfannola

phishfannola New Member Full Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Youre both wrong....He DID floor liam smith. He didnt finish him but he did knock him down.

9. vargasfan1985

vargasfan1985 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 8, 2008
    If JM can’t starch him inside 6, his power will be truly exposed, especially at 160.

10. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    This content is protected