Jake Joseph Paul vs. Anderson da Silva & Antonio Nieves vs. Alexandro Santiago II RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Oct 29, 2022.

1. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Jake Paul would easily be competitive at top 30 at 200

2. Jab in the Face

Jab in the Face Active Member Full Member

Jun 4, 2022
    Doubt it.

3. Cobra33

Cobra33 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 2, 2006
    Have you seen how wide open Jake is when he's jabbing - his hands are down with his face hanging over? My god any decent boxer is going to counter that.
    Silva threw TWO punches the entire first round and ONE landed squarely on Jakes unprotected face.
    And what's with the kids cardio? He looks like he's dying in round 4 and the pace is not even that fast.

Caliboxing likes this.
  4. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    So you think beating older guys that are not boxers as not padding the record. OK buddy. Guys that were not being trained nor have the financial ability to train as professional boxers. They took fight due to their MMA name and 4 months to train as a boxer. Gotcha. Not padding at all.

5. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Tommy Furys 6th pro fight had a record of 2-26. :lol:

Perfectly normal for a "real pro boxer" to line their records with debutes and sheer unadulterated record padders.

This has been status quo boxing since... forever.

All of a sudden it's a problem when Jake with no boxing experience does it lol. Ok...

People that have a problem with Jake's opposition up til now, makes me think they're not real well acquainted with how fight careers are built, and have been built, since the dawn of the sport.

Nothing Jake is doing is out of the ordinary.

Silva would whoop many touted boxing prospects 6th professional opponents.

DoubleJab666, drenlou, Ilesey and 2 others like this.
  6. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    If you think so. We will just have to disagree. I don't see beating a 47 year old (who really just toook professional boxing serious in his 40s) as being anything better than what prospects do.

7. GGGunbeatable

GGGunbeatable Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 14, 2014
    Silva beat Chavez Jr. last year.

fenoc1 likes this.
  8. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I think youre objectively wrong there.

Majority of prospects 6th professional opponents aren't even there to actually win, let alone have the pedigree, experience and acumen even this faded but motivated Silva has.

'Boxers' that are 0-1, 1-3, 2-11 or debute record padders arent better than Silva just because they're not old or because they have 10 times more boxing losses.

And the kicker here is, even if I'm wrong (I'm not) and Silva isn't better than most prospects early opposition, he certainly isn't worse, and if he's only on par, my point stands that what Paul is doing is entirely normal for boxing and even more so when you factor in the other people doing what he's doing are amature boxing standouts, not youtubers with no long term fight experience.

Jab in the Face and drenlou like this.
  9. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Only Tyson Fury can defeat this hellspawn

Thank you and goodnight

10. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Agreed kirk.

kirk likes this.
  11. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    You mean Tommy no Gunn fury?

12. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Wladimir Klitschko, Olympic Gold medalist, fought a guy who was 4-14, in his 15th professional fight.

Floyd Mayweather, Olympic medalist, fought an 0-1 fighter in his 4th professional fight, and a guy who was 1-14 in his 9th professional fight.

Olympic medalist Roy Jones Jr fought an 0-3 fighter in his 9th professional fight.

Ect

Ect

Ect

Ect

The idea these opponents are better than Silva because they are 'boxers' and 'not old' is ridiculous.

And this is the norm.
    For Olympians.

Could you imagine Paul choosing a 1-14 record boxer as his next opponent? Let alone his 9th opponent, like boxing phenom Roy Jones Jr did... he would get mocked out of the sport.

Double standards.

CST80 and Jab in the Face like this.
  13. RockyMarciano

RockyMarciano Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 8, 2009
    I agree. He did some amateurish **** in there tonight.

14. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Jake Paul is gifted

His special special runt brother beat Floyd Mayweather

Imagine what he can do?

Canelo is next

15. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I was surprised a bit by how good Silva looked. I don't normally say this but I think he really would have been a real talent in boxing had he chosen it instead of mma.

I was also surprised a bit with how mentally sharp he looked in there, and his chin. I'd have thought with the KO's he's suffered, the wear n tear, the age, expected him to look older, be less sharp and be hurt by the big shots more.

Respect to Silva.