Jake Paul Phony Fights Discussion

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BitPlayerVesti, Dec 2, 2020.

Is Jake Paul a Fraud, a Joke or Complete Garbage?

1. Fraud

2. Joke

3. Garbage

4. ALL of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    I still think this fight is pathetic. Why not fight one of the hundreds of cruiser weights out there instead of weight draining a heavyweight?

2. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Before I get to the criticism, obviously this is q great fourth (fifth? Whatever) fight. The kind of opponent (even with the disadvantages I list later) you'd give to someone who went to the Olympics or something.

Normally no one cares who you fight this early but he's charging PPV and calling it boxing so it ought to be examined to see what it really is.

Rahman is going to be three months out from taking a pretty brutal KO where his brain was obvious rattled (he wasn't acting right at all, fortunately his opponent showed mercy otherwise it could have been terrible).

The other stuff is what it is, but that's pretty obscene when combined with the crash weight loss which is widely known to increase chinniness.

Rahman weighed in at 224 for what was his biggest fight to date. He wasn't the leanest fighter ever but he's not coming off the couch either. There is also a rehydration clause, I have trouble recalling when someone has been drained this much.

And there wasn't too much there to begin with! He only had 6 KOs after fighting scrap heap bums. He hit Morrison with every part of his glove except the one you're supposed to use. It was bizarre, the kind of thing you see from absolutely gassed fighters who have lost all their form, except he had plenty of energy to continue tapping. A lot of them weren't even arm punches they were wrist punches.

Morrison was basically a big strong guy who knew how to turn a punch over. That was plenty to win eventually. I expect Jake Paul to also score a mid round KO, perhaps behind on the cards. I would be really shocked if Rahman wins.

Actually I thought the easy money you were referring to was betting on Paul, though I assume the payout wouldn't be worth the risk that he tries to fight with an injury or his publicist told him a loss would make him sympathetic to a key demo.

The very idea is shocking!

I bet Babic would have liked it too.

Chuck Norris likes this.
  3. BoxingCasual13

BoxingCasual13 Watches Boxing once a year Full Member

Jul 16, 2021
    Times are tough for AB. Who knows how many child payments he has to make, and he sure ain't making much from boxing on PBC. AB ducks NOBODY

sasto likes this.
  4. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    if he wants to
    It’s a circus though so it really don’t matter.
    I think Broner can get it done against Paul either way .
    (In fighting shape or leaking out da sides fat like his daddy):eatingburger

5. turbotime

turbotime Hall Of Famer Full Member

May 4, 2012
    :lol: no way in hell that fight happens.

6. Hanz Cholo

Jul 11, 2012
    Be great if it did though right?

7. turbotime

turbotime Hall Of Famer Full Member

May 4, 2012
    No. Broner would probably beat up Paul , then everyone would want to fight Broner again. No one wins in the end.

dcb154 likes this.
  8. Hanz Cholo

Jul 11, 2012
    No one but Broner & his fat daddy.
    be fun to see Paul quit on his stool though.

9. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

What a joke

10. Ex Army Jim 39

Ex Army Jim 39 couldnt believe the price of chairs banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2022
    Fair enough good boxer some folk in top rankings are rubbish he is a good boxer good luck to the lad lovely power punch on him

11. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    still i dont agree with this palm greasing though

12. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    How high a ranking top 15?

13. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Hope to god Rahman isn’t paid off and he just chins the freak.

All the others have been paid off. Tyron Woodley sent him flying into the ropes then didn’t throw another punch, as if he’d just remembered the script. Then got knocked out with acting like something out of a Rocky film in the rematch.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  14. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    At least he fights semi-regularly compared to some boxers these days

15. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Give the guy a ranking, why not?

Professional Boxing is sports entertainment first and foremost. If ten million people buy jake Paul’s ppvs and believe he’s the world champion, who’s gonna tell them otherwise?

For a while People genuinely believed aj was a great heavyweight after knocking over a load of shot bums and avoiding facing the top two his entire career: they figured it out in the end though

Hearns junior started this nonsense when he convinced people that “numbers” equals greatness. Guy has a billion pounds and still zero class.

Glenn McKrory likes this.