Jake Paul Phony Fights Discussion

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BitPlayerVesti, Dec 2, 2020.

Is Jake Paul a Fraud, a Joke or Complete Garbage?

1. Fraud

2. Joke

3. Garbage

4. ALL of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I love how Paul riles people up.

My favourite argument is that "he's not faced a boxer yet". The fact is, that despite not facing a boxer yet, his record is still better than it would be had he gone down the traditional route of facing full-time pizza delivery men, cashiers, tradesman, admin workers, warehouse workers and part-time boxers, who only box for extra pocket money or to make ends meet for the first 10 or, in some cases, 20 plus bouts.

Tommy Fury has gone down the traditional route of facing no-hopers. In 4 years, he has had 8 bouts, Opposition combined total of 24 wins and 176 losses. There is no way that Tyrone Woodley would be losing in a boxing match to Tommy Fury's best opponent. The truth is that a lot of athletic blokes from the gym, who have better careers and better things to do than to consider being a part-time boxer, could beat up these part-timers and even some full-timers.

At 5'10.75" (real height) and looking at his watery physique, he's clearly pumped up. He'll beat Rahman because he's terrible but the size thing may be a problem at some point and one of the reasons why his stamina is poor.

Stonehands and BEATDOWNZ like this.
  2. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Yeah I’d pick Paul to beat Timmy fumbles handily

jake Paul
    YES Brain
    NO Chin
    YES Heart

timmy fumbles
    NO Brain
    NO Chin
    NO Heart

3. BEATDOWNZ

BEATDOWNZ Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Nov 30, 2014
    To hate on AJ whilst talking about Jake Paul is something else...

4. CroBox29

CroBox29 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Apparently Jake Paul vs. Rahman Jr. will be a fixed fight and everything is already planned for Jake Paul to be WBC ranked...

5. LeavemealoneKoooogs

LeavemealoneKoooogs All hail his excellency Full Member

Apr 30, 2021
    When has Jake demonstrated that he has heart? Or a brain for that matter

aaaaa and hobby rider like this.
  6. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Neither failed at all. Both got medals and were robbed in their defeats. How is that failed?

7. dannyboy147

dannyboy147 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Rahman should beat Paul he is a legit boxer, he lost his last fight to Tommy Morrisons kid who I think is 21-0 and very heavy handed.

JP has terrible stamina he is blowing after 3 minutes even when not much is coming back at him. Rahman should destroy him, weight cut or not.

Tommy Fury is terrible, agreed that JP would beat everyone of the no hopers he has faced so far.

8. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    No, he's not. He's 31 and has had 13 bouts. All of his wins have come against a similar level of opposition to what Tommy Fury has faced.

You can't call a 31 year old with 13 bouts a "legitimate boxer". He must have a full-time job to sustain himself or lives off his father's money. He has barely made a penny boxing.

9. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    I like that the tweet doesn't say "if" he wins.

It's not even subtle. The fix is in.

10. BEATDOWNZ

Nov 30, 2014
    Second place is a loser, bud.

11. BEATDOWNZ

Nov 30, 2014
    Had he stayed as an amateur wrestler he probably would have gone to the Olympics. Take the wwe blinkers off.

ryanm8655 likes this.
  12. Finkel

Finkel Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 10, 2020
    That would be amazing!
    Please let it be top 15.
    :roflmao:

13. Bob Flaps

Bob Flaps Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Reminds me of that line in the Simpsons - "what percentage of the paper is recycled?" "zero... zero's a per cent"

Paul could have a divisional ranking like any other licensed boxer, even if he's 1000th or something - it's presumably just a reason for the WBC to take some sanctioning fees and no doubt produce another ridiculous one-off belt.

14. dannyboy147

dannyboy147 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Watching him box you can see he is clearly a boxer, record aside. He has a decent amateur career too.

I’m not saying the guys a legit contender, just that he should beat JP on experience alone

15. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    JunlongXiFan likes this.