Jake Paul vs. Tyron Woodley & Amanda Serrano vs. Almendra Yamileth Mercado Duarte RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Aug 29, 2021.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Rounds 5 and 6 were close but Jake clearly outlanded him. And in those rounds Woodley didn't land anything major to offset being outpointed.
    Gassed as hell but he still clearly outworked and outlanded Woodley in most of the rounds.
    Not more effective, Paul landed a lot more clean shots. But Woodley definitely landed some great shots he just wasn't active enough to win more than 1 or 2 rounds.
    Not really, Jake clearly landed more clean punches in 6 out of the 8 rounds. Woodley landed some clean shots, he's a good puncher but Jake landed significantly more clean shots.

It was shocking that one judge had it for Woodley. I didn't see it, you would have to give Woodley the last 5 rounds because he lost the first 3 rounds pretty clearly. Jake was ridiculously gassed though he could have easily been dropped but he has good defense and concentration to maintain his composure despite being gassed. Paul has to make major improvements to his stamina or Woodley could win a rematch. Woodley will be kicking himself for not throwing more punches because you're right when he threw he landed some great shots.

sasto, Babality and dragon666 like this.
  2. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    He was really questioning himself after that right hand from Woodley. He has made so much money doing celebrity boxing that he probably never have to work another day in his life.

He knows his boxing skills are not up to par. Fury would knock him out and he knows it too.

I think he'll retire after a potential Woodley rematch.

3. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
  4. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    No, just no. You have **** scorecards all the time. You just talk very loud like "LOOK HOW MUCH SMARTER I AM GUYS!!, I PICK UP ON THEM NUANCES". That doesn't work. I also don't do what you claim about picking the a-side. Certainly didn't care about Jake winning this and thought Tyron would. You just like to be edgy and pick the b-side. Another poor attempt to look knowledgeable.

Don't talk about biased please, you are embarrassingly biased. if you had an ounce of self-awareness you wouldn't say anything about anyone being biased. BJS vs Canelo was a good one. Nice meltdown there.

5. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Jake Paul continues to be MMA's Daddy.

Caliboxing, MidniteProwler and boxfap like this.
  6. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    The good news for him is he can vastly improve but has to put in the work otherwise this particular show won't be on the road much longer.

sasto likes this.
  7. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    You make good points but I am just saying JP is in a better position than most fighters having their 4th pro fight he can afford to train full time and has access to the best training money can get. Mundine was in the same boat as JP if you are main event on PPV you need to fight someone worth a damn. On a side note I wouldn' count current Mundine out against JP.

8. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    That is why I am glad he got the decision as I want it to be a boxer that finally separates him from his senses.

sasto, IntentionalButt and Stiff Jab like this.
  9. Eel87

Eel87 Active Member Full Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Was Woodley that bad? I seen him on the pads and lost confidence in him.

10. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    He barely threw a punch in the first three rounds. Cracked Jake good once and let him recover. He was abysmal.

sasto, Jpreisser, Eel87 and 1 other person like this.
  11. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    No, Woodley looked great in my opinion, he landed a big shot on Paul in the 4th that nearly dropped him, the ropes held him up. Woodley just didn't let his hands go enough to win the decision. Paul was gassed as hell but oddly still looked good, despite being gassed he maintained his composure showed heart, landed some great shots and got the win. It was actually a good fight.

12. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Floyd fought 0-0-0 Edgar Ayala in his 4th pro fight. Ayala's career record is 0-4.

Floyd had like 92 amateur fights and was wearing boxing gloves in the womb

Jake ''Money'' Paul walked away with 10 Ms for his second pro fight and at least that much for his third

Floyd couldn't even afford to eat Pot Noodle six days a week until much deeper into his career. He only earned $150,000 little ones for the Genaro Hernandez fight (RIP)

You will put some goddamn respeck on Jake ''Money'' Paul's name!

13. dragon666

dragon666 Active Member Full Member

Apr 28, 2021
    I think a lot of boxers and mma fighters generally are snobbish and put the sports in such a high regard they will look down on people like Jake Paul coming in and doing well.

I see Caleb Truax and fighters of his ilk making fun of Jake Paul on twitter which is funny to me because they grossly regard their abilities to be higher than they actually are.

It's the elitist mentality which i don't like in both mma and boxing.

Tankatron and Serge like this.
  14. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Projecting I see. You're one of the angriest guys on the site, you lose your **** over practically everything. I mean, I wrote terrible score and look how you reacted. Add to that your scorecards are objectively terrible. Just because you go with the flow always doesn't make you right. and no, I call every match like I see it, and that's usually correctly, because I do see things that many of you guys don't. That's an objective reality. Regardless, I'm not scoring matches to be a contrarian or to go with the B-Side, I have countless near shutout scorecards for fighters I detest. It's just that many matches are a lot more complicated and far closer than most casuals like yourself to process. No, it's not to look knowledgeable, it's because I AM more knowledgeable than YOU, and it makes you feel insecure, like you missed something, so you lash out. Well, you do miss things all of the time. As far as I go.... I'm painfully self aware. Sadly... you seem to be lacking any and all forms of it.

Quina74 and Serge like this.
  15. Babality

Babality KTFO!!!!!!! Full Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I'm with you on your scorecard, but Woodley looked great? I wouldn't say that. I know MMA striking is very different but he has a lot of fighting experience. Jake Paul has fought nobodies. He had no business losing to Jake Paul, even at this stage.

drenlou and MarkusFlorez99 like this.