Jamel William Herring vs. Carl Frampton, MBE & Tursynbay Kulakhmet vs. Heber Rondon RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Apr 3, 2021.

1. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks jurgen. Yeah shame about frampton...once he had enough money the hunger went. He was never a fanatical trainer like quigg. In fairness to Shane mcguigan in hindsight he got the best out of Carl. Really with Jamie Carl was calling the shots and only working as hard as he wanted to. Looking forward to hearing from you about the bjs v canelo fight....

Jurgen likes this.
  2. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    By way of addendum, this Frampton forecast from the fall of 2017 held up ok;

Except I was going back and forth on whether Valdez would stop Frampton or outpoint him back then. Though it might now seem a cinch that Valdez would've wiped him out, in light of 2021 results, Oscar hadn't yet sought help to temper/channel his impetuous streak as a result of going bloody life and death with Scott Quigg.

Anyway, I'm glad Frampton's packed his bags and moved on. He was a useful competitor, but he avoided the top boy at 122 while laying claim to championship credentials. Bring in the new blood.