Jamel William Herring vs. Jackson Jon England & Joel Camilleri vs. Joel Pavlides RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Apr 3, 2024.

1. MidniteProwler

MidniteProwler Fab 4. Mayor of Aussie Boxing Full Member

Sep 19, 2012
    If he was a couple years younger he would’ve won Father Time waits for no man

thehook13 and Komaster like this.
  2. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    It wasn’t a bad card for a casual Wednesday night

thehook13 and WhataRock like this.
  3. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    The Prowler is off to bed good night lads

pincai, JunlongXiFan and WhataRock like this.
  4. northpaw

northpaw Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    Where did this fight even come from? And I thought Herring was retired????

5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    From Australia believe it or not. And yes, he should can whoever it was that made this deal for him. He came back last year against some no hoper with a nice shiny 0 for the taking, that had never fought a live body. But evidently that must have bolstered Jamel's ego a little too much, and got him thinking he could beat a much younger guy who has a proven chin who went to war with and almost beat Paul Fleming and Liam Wilson, who's also good at fighting southpaws. The decision to take this fight in England's backyard, when the match favors England to start with, is actually mind boggling.:lol:

thehook13, northpaw and Sandman_ like this.
  6. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Sometimes I think that hardcore fans know more than fighters and managers about their opponents. I reckon they thought England was pretty much a domestic level Aussie and that Herring would be getting a paid holiday to Australia and an easy win.

thehook13, northpaw and Sandman_ like this.
  7. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    It looked like a decent show last night. I only saw bits & pieces but a lot of the fights were competitively matched. Alex Leapai Jr got matched tough on his pro debut & nearly had his head taken off several times by a guy who could punch. Fortunately, the opponent gassed quickly & Alex was able to steady the ship. Wes Capper has still got it & would be a great opponent for Nikita Tszyu. I didn't see it all but he put on a show against Vorobov who couldn't quite figure him out. Good wins by Joel Camilleri, Jack Brubaker & Jackson England. Decent show by Channel Nein & much improved on their previous offerings. It also looks like they may have poached Barry Michael from Foxtel to do some commentary. Perhaps Barry fancies a trip to Paris for the Olympics later this year in preference to Easter in Las Vegas? With Channel Nein covering the Olympics, that's where they ought to be looking to sign up some future talent for their broadcasts.

MidniteProwler likes this.
  8. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    Barry might still be with Foxtel as I have noticed that Andy Raymond does the announcing for the fights on 7 plus and Stan which as you said is owned by channel 9
    Interesting that Anthony Mundine and Danny Green are both with Stan considering all their fights were on Foxtel back in the day. They would've made big money for Foxtel. As much as they still put on the best shows Foxtel are grubs with no loyalty.

Sandman_ likes this.
  9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah, I agree with this and have been saying basically the same for quite some time now. Most promoters, especially Eddie Hearn, clearly don't know **** about styles and how they mesh, and what is and isn't a bad style for one of his fighters to avoid. Hence why so many Mexican, Argentine, Japanese and Eastern European fighters regularly pull upsets all over the world. They take it for granted that they'll be an easy touch with inflated records, and more often than not, it blows up in their face. For what it's worth, I've always felt the same about Tim. Of course he's fringe world level, but as I've pointed out several times in the past, I don't rate most of his Aussie opponents and the ones I did rate, were past their sell by dates by the time he faced them. As far as the American fighters he's taken on, in spite of what many of the loudmouths on here may have proclaimed, Gausha and Harrison are as average as they come and I didn't even contemplate giving Tony a chance against Tim. Mendoza is a pretty average boxer, with a solid punch and decent timing. Which always makes him dangerous, but not hard to outwork. Fundora is also quite average, but his crazy ass dimensions, always make him a handful for most opponents. In other words, Light Middleweight has been a shitheap for years.

zoley likes this.
  10. MidniteProwler

Sep 19, 2012
    I disagree when it comes to Tim as the manner he beat guys like Horn, Hogan, Harrison, Gausha, Ocampo and Mendoza was impressive. Even the way he annihilated Morgan in one round was unexpected. He gave most of these guys the hidings of their life and I believe he was on his way to giving Fundora a hiding before the cut. Also I think before the Harrison fight that Tim was primed to beat Charlo.

Sandman_ likes this.
  11. thehook13

thehook13 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Didnt see the Capper vs Vorobev fight but the result seems pretty humbling for Vorobev.

Hes talked a good game but a L to Wade Ryan and a Draw with Capper shows where he sits in the scene

Sandman_ likes this.
  12. Sandman_

Sandman_ Undisputed Full Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I saw the last couple of rounds & they were very entertaining. Wes Capper has decent skills & is tough. Never stopped in a long professional career. He's also a bit of a showman judging from Wednesday night. He had a few moves I haven't seen before. Vorobev looked okay but he's run into the two toughest club fighters this country has to offer in Capper & Wade Ryan. We'll know exactly where Nikita Tszyu is at when & if he faces them. Neither will drop from getting hit hard & will be sending plenty back.

13. thehook13

thehook13 Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Definitely not a sleight on those two btw. Wade hasn't missed many in this country, tough as they come and I've always went out of my way to watch Wes Capper fight. But as you say they are club fighters great barometer test where a fighter stands in the scheme of things. I will catch a replay

Sandman_ likes this.