James Toney vs Julian Jackson

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by Bronze Tiger, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Flash24

Flash24 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Jackson is too one dimensional for the multifaceted and chin of steel Toney. Even if Jackson somehow caught Toney with one of his bombs I don't see him knocking him out. I see Jackson being taken to school and systematically taken apart by Toney. Jackson wouldn't hear the final bell.

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  2. AwardedSteak863

AwardedSteak863 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 16, 2018
    Toney hands down. I have a ton of respect for Jackson's power but in a 30year pro career Toney never got KOed. Sam Peter, Rahman, Holyfied, Jirov were all massive punchers and couldn't move him.

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  3. clinikill

clinikill Active Member Full Member

May 24, 2010
    Toney puts on a clinic against Jackson. It would be a total schooling. Toney via late TKO.

Bronze Tiger and Gatekeeper like this.
  4. THE BLADE 2

THE BLADE 2 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I have only seen Toney hurt twice in his career: againsrt reggie johnson and Sam peter

5. Fergy

Fergy Walking Dead Full Member

Jan 8, 2017
    Toney would roll right ,catching Jackson through out the fight .Jackson finds him frustrating to hit clean whilst James grows In confidence .I can see a Toney hook mid way knocking the fight right out of JJ and he'd move in to finish him off .
    Toney Wko 7

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  6. TBI

TBI Active Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Its hard to pick against the consensus here.
    Toney wins, either by wide decision or stoppage late.

Interestingly, Jackson never lost a fight by decision. He was all about living and dying by the sword.

In light of that, I lean towards a stoppage by Toney.

7. Longhhorn71

Longhhorn71 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Thanks for posting this up.
    Looks almost like a "real" fight going on.

Flash24 and escudo like this.
  8. escudo

escudo Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2014
    Those punches were dead serious. This is the crux of my argument that Toney not only merc's G-Man but virtually any MW who relied on their power to end fights.

9. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Id take Toney but he would need to be careful. Jackson could hurt anyone. He was more of a 154 lber though.

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  10. Flash24

Oct 22, 2015
    Focus on the subtleness of Toney's footwork. No wasting of energy, unnecessary movement, angles created and taken advantage of the opportunity of that moment and done against real competition not over the hill or a has been's or a never was. Their's no need to bounce around like a jack rabbit to have great footwork,because in a long grueling fight,that will come back to haunt a fighter. Lomo's fans should watch this carefully.

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  11. Bronze Tiger

Bronze Tiger Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 23, 2018
    I agree...but why does he seem to have trouble with movers? (Griffen)

12. Flash24

Oct 22, 2015
    Good question,great question actually. But all fighters had issues with a style. Louis and Hagler had problems with movers, Ali had issues with pressure fighters, and fighters that had the ability to jab with him, also left hooks. Duran had issues with height and reach if that advantage was used properly. etc, etc......

Bronze Tiger likes this.
  13. Saad54

Saad54 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Toney be decision

Bronze Tiger likes this.