Jamie Mac - Inoue confirmed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by PaddyGarcia, Mar 6, 2018.

1. boranbkk

boranbkk "ไม่ได้โม้นะ" Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    It made me laugh in the Hearn interview on Saturday night after his brothers fight. Hearn said he asked Jamie if he wanted to go to Japan to fight Inoue and Jamie said “who is he?” that and took the fight anyway!

Full credit for taking it...but it’s a tough ask.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  2. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    A high pressure body attack kept up round after round is the way to beat either McDonnell. That said Jamie will be ....by far....the biggest man inoue will ever have faced....and size does matter,,,folks, it does matter.

im sparticus likes this.
  3. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Hopefully he uses his size but I just say the pressure being too much eventually. Mid to late rounds stoppage win for Inoue.

4. big moose

big moose Active Member Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Jamie is famously not a boxing fan - it's just a job to him. I recall Dennis Hobson once said that during a trip to the US, they met Sugar Ray Leonard and Dennis encouraged Jamie to get a photograph taken with him. Afterwards, Jamie asked if Sugar Ray Leonard had been any good.

5. boranbkk

boranbkk "ไม่ได้โม้นะ" Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Classic, great story. :cbiggrin:

moog likes this.
  6. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Wow

7. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Inoue is one of the best fighters in the world, this will be a bloodbath.

8. big moose

big moose Active Member Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Last I heard Jamie McDonnell's primary focus was still plastering. I remember Bunce once saying that he went into Jamie's dressing room after he won the World title and he was there, bruised and battered with the belt on his shoulder, not celebrating but arguing with Gavin about his rate for an upcoming plastering job.

9. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Reminds me of Tom Little and Kugan Cassius casually glossing over Hrgovic as Little’s next opponent clearly not knowing who he was. Kugan thought he was a nobody and Little genuinely thought he’d beat him as a warm up for Joyce.

10. PaulButlersMum

PaulButlersMum COME ON PAUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! banned Full Member

Oct 13, 2013
    I haven't seen much of Inoue, but only a fool would totally write off Mcdonnell. Mcdonnel is a proven world class performer, he's had a really good career.

11. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I agree about Jamie. You should watch a bit more of that Inoue mate. Like @PaddyGarcia mentions, his left shot to the body is brutal. He’s a real class act.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  12. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I've been quite amused looking at Twitter and going through the replies to the news that this fight is happening. Some Matchroom FC folk have commented that Inoue is "too much of a swinger" and that Jamie should be able to easily "jab his head off". We'll see...

DJN16 and Twentyman like this.
  13. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    He is coming up in weight again tho so we dont know if he will carry his full power up to bw.

14. Boxing Gloves

Boxing Gloves Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Interesting things to think about is that Inoue will be new at the weight, Inoue turned pro and won his first title at light flyweight which is 108, he gives up 6 inches in reach and 5 inches in height, that being said Inoue is a special talent and McDonnell is dead at the weight, if he was fresh at 118 still then it would still be a big task but do able, I cant see him winning.

Oneirokritis and boranbkk like this.
  15. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Credit to Jamie, But he has like a 5% chance at best.