Jamie Moore v Andrew Facey - British Title Fight!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by elle, Oct 22, 2007.

1. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Look forward to seeing Jamie Moore in action again on Friday when the Light Middleweight Title is on the line.

This is the second time he has fought Facey and I hope the outcome is the same this time round with Moore being the winner again.

I think Moore is a credit to boxing and always want him to do well.

Apparently this is another Maloney bill so hopefully he will deliver again - Mark Thompson should also be fighting on the undercard.

2. The Lads

The Lads Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2007
    Mark is fighting Chrs Saunders for the CA title.

Purse bids for Jamie and Zaurbek Baysangurov are due this month, so providing there are no slip ups the fight should take place early next year.

Ajose Olusugen is also on the bill, as is Jason Booth.

3. elle

Aug 21, 2007

Welcome back The Lads! (aka NOrth)

Wondered where you had got to as I miss reading your posts and those tee shirts you plug on here! :good

4. eddie007

eddie007 Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Complete waste of time for Jamie, the only reason i can think of for taking this fight is mainly money for crimbo and keeping the british title. This is certainly the wrong direction he should be going in.

5. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    He has a european title shot in the next 3 months. This is to keep ticking over. Pryce dropped his mandatory position, the BBBOC said he was to fight Facey. He has (had) no other options. He's rated 8 or 9 by the WBC, and had been rated 1 by the europeans for a while, but Piccirillo wouldnt fight him and the euros wouldnt mandate it.

A birdie told me Sky knocked back Vincent Vuma Jamie Moore, stating instead they wanted Facey II !!!! Jamie and his team had their hands tied, especially with the money sky bring to the table.

Oh as for the "crimbo money" comment.... the mans gotta put food on his families table and make a living.

6. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    Missed you too, main reason I re-registred

7. elle

Aug 21, 2007

Don't tell everyone or I may have to change my username as well!

Hope you're 'Back for Good' just like the song!

8. eddie007

eddie007 Member Full Member

Oct 1, 2007
    Completely agree with your comments mate.

9. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
  10. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
  11. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    yes, Pryce dropped his mandatory slot, facey was put in. Persoanlly I'd have preferred Vuma Moore, and allegedly WBC were going to make it a semi-eliminator, but Sky wanted british oppo.

I was told a while ago that team Woods had secured a fight against garay, only for Sky to rebuff the idea and instead request De Lisle

12. elle

Aug 21, 2007
    Hope Moore can put all the setbacks behind him and put in a good performance to beat Facey impressively.

Then he can focus on the Euro Title shot against Baysangurov and hopefully he will get the reward he deserves.

13. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    Shoud be a good show tongiht, interesting undercard bouts a plenty, and Jamie always puts ona show. Lots dismissing Facey a little too easily (me included) though. Beat mcklin and took the fight at 3 weeks notice last time. Beat the touted Gary Woolcombe, is tall rangy and has a sufficient dig.

Still, think Jamie will do for him.

14. Just a Fan

Just a Fan New Member Full Member

Oct 6, 2007
    What a great card congrats to Frank Maloney more than I can say for the other robbing lieing git named Frank!!! I really like the look of this Ajose Olusegun he looks good hope to see him fight a David Barnes or Kevin Anderson if he's gonna stay at welter. I am new here so nice to meet you all. :hi:

15. The Lads

Oct 22, 2007
    He's at light welter mate (Ajose).

Also, welcome to the forum.