Jamie Moore v Andrew Facey - British Title Fight!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by elle, Oct 22, 2007.

1. rydersonthestorm

rydersonthestorm Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 27, 2007
    He is ok but lets get real he wouldn't beat any legit world class fighter at light middle weight.

2. Healy

Healy Former Wee Poof

Feb 13, 2006
    I enjoyed this fight, like Moore, but realise he is limited also

3. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    To be honest, I gave this fight a miss tonight as it was utterly aimless. However, my pal told me that Ricky Hatton was on board, plugging his fight with Mayweather. I forgot to ask my pal if SKY told everyone that this fight will be 25 quid.

Or are they keeping the price hike quiet from the boxing enthusiasts like us until the week before the fight, & will unleash it upon the non-boxing fanboy Hatton fans then to maximise their profit?

let me know real boxing fans, if you know that is.

4. Jack Dempsey

Jack Dempsey Legend Full Member

Jun 13, 2005
    They want £25!!!!:scaredas:

Is it not gonna be cheaper if you buy early?

5. rooq

rooq Rooq's Boxing Promoter Full Member

Jan 16, 2007
    nobody looks good against facey. having said that, i think if moore ame up against forrest who is as tall has facey but several times more skilled he would be in for an even tougher night.

btw was it me or did mark thompson get a gift decision...i had the french bloke winning 6 rounds to 2

6. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Thought Facey was winning by a round until Moore scored the knockdowns.

7. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Does anyone else find Facey looks utterly raw?

8. jruk

jruk New Member Full Member

Oct 27, 2007
    I think thompson got a gift against the frenchman, whoseemed alot more accurate and landed more punch's.

9. spud66

spud66 New Member Full Member

Jun 2, 2006
    A draw would have been a gift for thompson but to win ..he didnt look good last night. always looking for the same shots predictable is the word am looking for. The french boy caught him with decent shots and if he was a puncher he would have been gone by the 4th or 5th...lucky boy a think

10. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007
    As a Moore fan I was disappointed he didn't shine a bit more (pun intended) but think thats mainly due to having not fought for a few months - it did show.

At the end of the day a win is a win but I was relieved for Jamie when the fight was over as he really could not afford to lose this one.

Credit to Facey who was a tricky opponent. Very brave and worthy challenger in my view.